Review by InitialXero

"Link returns! Not only good, but better too!"

Storyline/Sound: 9/10
The game has a great storyline, it's somewhat like the SNES version, but only a tad bit different. It's different in the way the story takes off. You'll notice it when you play it. Don't let that hinder you though, this game is great, and is to be owned by everyone!
---
The music in The Four Swords is excellent. Better than I've heard in a while from some Zelda games. The music in this game can only compare with music from four other games: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracle, and Ages. The better the sound the better the game play right? Wrong. Actually the sound equals out with the game play so they're pretty much hand-in-hand.

Characters/Control: 10/10
The characters in the game are great, they are interactive and very dramatic. Some of the characters are almost too dramatic. The new feature of playing with four people really makes this game a spectacle. Of course, I can sympathize with people who dislike the idea, but otherwise it's a pretty amazing feature. The only problem I can find with this is that some of the times you don't like having four people. But it's part of the game when you link up. Otherwise the characters get 10/10.
---
The control of the game is pretty much run-of-the-mill. It's just like the SNES version, only the buttons have different names. Being a great game all, there are some set backs to the control. The walking part is what I'm referring to. If you've played Snake, Pokemon, or Pacman, you might know what I mean. The game is a left-right control system that is pretty much based on the D-pad. Those are the parts that can be devastating. But if you don't mind that little problem, even though some people do, don't let this change your mind. Some people are just picky that way.

Graphics/Scenery: 10/10
The graphics on The Four Swords are good compared to other Zelda GameBoy games. The colors are so beautiful and crisp, just like the colors in Oracle and Ages. Some things used to be hard to see thanks to a background on the SNES version of this game, but today with more knowledge and technology on graphics and color, the game has successfully taken out dark backgrounds on darker creatures. The graphics, generally, are amazing, but the scenery that goes with the graphics completes the package. With smooth moving and long lasting control, the graphics make it even smoother. This is a great advantage of sight.

Buy or Rent?
Definitely buy. This game is a long lasting adventure and should deserve more than a five-day rental. I own the game and I say it's great!

Great game, and enjoyable graphics. 'Nuff said.

Definitely a game to own! Great for everyone!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/08/02, Updated 12/08/02