Review by SilverMoon2500

"Thinking of Buying a new game? Well then, buy this one!"

This is a great game. One that everyone should have. Buy it if you don’t have it. If you love adventure games and RPG’s, you’ll love this game too. It is my second favorite game, so you should like it too. I’ve never played Four Swords, but I can tell that it’s great.

Storyline: The storyline for this game is great. It makes sense and it’s interesting. At the beginning, the game is a little bit different. You have to save Zelda, who was kidnapped by the bad guys. Unlike the other games, she didn’t get kidnapped at the beginning. I give the storyline a 9/10.

Difficulty
: The game is easy to some people, but most find it “in the middle”. It shouldn’t be too hard, but some parts are hard to a lot of people. I found it a little hard in the last level, but otherwise it was “in the middle”. I give the difficulty an 8/10.

Control
: The controls are awesome. The commands have just the right button (Ex. The sword is A, The inventory item button is B, etc.). I don’t think there is anything bad about the controls. I give the controls a 10/10.

Enjoyment
: I really enjoyed the game a lot. It was fun from the beginning, all the way to the end. The bosses can be a real pain sometimes, but everything else would be alright. I give the enjoyment a 9/10.

Length
: The game isn’t too short, but isn’t that long either. It lasted me 18 hours, by getting every item and heart piece. You may be able to finish it as fast as 7 hours, or as long as 25 hours. Either way, you should have enjoyed it a lot. I give the length a 10/10.

Graphics
: The graphics are great for the Game Boy Advance. They aren’t too bad. It’s not like they are very unclear. They aren’t 100% good either. The good graphics are in the character designs and the landscape but, they aren’t as great in the inventory screen. I give the graphics a 9/10.

Sound/Music
: The music is excellent. So is the sound. The music hasn’t changed much, but it is still real good. Unlike the original game for the Super Nintendo, when Link swings his sword, he yells “Strike!” When you get an upgraded sword, he yells “Ha!” It may annoy some people, but I didn’t really care. I give the sound/music a 10/10.

Replayability
: You may not enjoy this game the second time you play it. There isn’t anything new to explore the second time, but it should have been fun while it lasted. Don’t forget about Four Swords. That has a HIGH replay value, because it will most likely always be different. I give the replayability an 8/10.

Overall
: You’ll love this game the first minute you play it. If you don’t like it then, you will by the time you beat the third dungeon. There is a huge challenge in Link to the Past and Four Swords. If it wasn’t for Golden Sun, this would be my favorite game. So, finally I give the overall for this game a 9/10.

Buy/Rent?
: Renting is out of the question. You have to buy this game as soon as possible!

That’s it for now, hopefully in the future I’ll be able to write another review. ‘Till next time!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/02/03, Updated 01/02/03