Review by TrueGamer14

"A classic that never dies."

-Intro-
Today, I bought the GBA and the Zelda game. Zelda has always and will be a great game. I have both Zelda games for the N64, and I love them. Right away, when I got home, I started playing my new game. I knew it would be great. Well, on with the review!

-Story-
9/10
An evil wizard took Zelda, and you have to go find her. Once, you save her, you learn an even powerful wizard is putting spells on everybody, and you have to go and stop it. Sounds exactly like a Zelda game to me! With your sword and shield, and many other accessories by your side, you're off to save your land!

-Graphics-
10/10
The graphics look great in this. The color is stunning, and the texture is very nice. I played Zelda: A link to the past for the GBC, and this game, basically, has the same graphics. Nothing new, yet nothing that looks bad. I'm glad the developers didn't change anything about it, because they knew it looked just fine there, as it does now.

-Sound-
8/10
Sound hasn't changed much either. When in danger, it starts that ''danger'' type music, and when in a village, the nice and soothing music plays. Also, when Link fights and you hear his sword slash, or his bombs blowing up. It sounds very simple, nothing that great. Link's screaming hasn't changed, either. It sounds exactly like it did on N64. I don't have any real gripes with it, though. It never got annoying to the point, where I wanted to bash it against the table. So, I'm happy about that.

-Gameplay-
9/10
During the game, you either fight, collect pieces of heart or other items, talk to people, or just try to find your way around. I got lost a couple of times. When the people tell me to go to this certain house, they labeled it with an ''X'' on my map. I went to the ''X'' and talked to the person there. But nothing happened, and I was confused. Anyway, your enemies have a sword and shield of their own. When you get the boomerang, you want to throw that at them, to stun them. When you try to hit them with your sword, half the time they just block it with their shield. People tell you to go in caves to find what your looking for, and that's how you get around. Bosses aren't very hard. But still, I had fun playing.

-Replay Value-
10/10
You'll have a lot of fun playing this. So much, you probably don't want to turn it off. There's so much to do in the Zelda games. I like that they keep it interesting, and don't make it repetitive, like certain other games. It may get a little frustrating, once in a while, but it's still fun.

RENT or BUY??
Definitely, buy this game. It's a Zelda game, and they're classics. This kind of franchise will never get runned down. The games were great for the N64, the GBC, and now for the GBA. You could never be disappointed with a Zelda game. I wasn't, and I don't think I ever will be. As long, as the story is good, graphics are nice to look at, sound isn't annoying, gameplay is exciting and interesting, etc.
Zelda is my favorite type of game. Why is it, you ask? Because it's_a_CLASSIC.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/03/03, Updated 01/03/03