Review by Gamma 128

"If you're a fan of old school games, you're going to be in heaven!"

I remember a good...eh...20 years ago maybe? I bought this thing called a Game & Watch, we had these before GameBoy, the games were fun but we really needed an upgrade. GAME & WATCH GALLERY 4 TO THE RESCUUUUUUUUUUUUUE!!!!

The graphics in G&W4 are a mixed bag, because you have modern mode, and you have classic mode. Classic mode is an exact replica of the old games, but modern mode looks like it could've been done on the SNES. But they're good. So I'm going to give the graphics a 9.

I'll admit, I'm a big fan of beeps and boops, and music going, ''do do do do do''. G&W4 delivers in that front...some of the time. In modern mode, the sound effects could've been better on GBA, the music is very innovative, the further you get into a game, the faster the music plays. Sound gets a solid 8.

Controls: 10/10

If ANYONE and I mean ANYONE has problems with the controls in G&W4, they should see a doctor. The controls are fairly simple to use. You of course use the D-pad to move, and A and B have different functions. But the way you move around is super-quick, so you can get to one place to another in a heart beat. But I think the reason for moving so fast is this is a fast paced game. But the controls are good, and I found no problem with them. 10/10

This is where the real meat and mashed potatoes of a game lies within, it doesn't matter the graphics or sound, it's the gameplay that matters. It's got to be fun to play or else it's not a fun game. But G&W4 is definately fun! You start out with 6 initial games. They are each different in their own way, and all fun in their own right. They're all an arcade style, so if you're looking for an RPG, look somewhere else. You also have the option to play classic mode or updated version with better graphics!

Replay: 11/10

This game is perfect if you're bored of your every day RPG. Keep it in your pocket and play it on your spare time, it makes time go by fast!!!

Rent or Buy: Depends

If you're a fan of present day gaming, it would be a good idea to rent first. But if you're a fan of classic games, you'll be in heaven, baby. So overall I give it a 10/10.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/13/03, Updated 04/13/03