Review by giant fishball

"Fun for the first 2 weeks or so, but other games will overshadow it."

One day when I unlocked Mr. Game and Watch on Super Smash Brothers: Melee, I was perplexed as to why Nintendo would put some random faceless, hairless, and earless guy in the “Nintendo's All Stars” game. When I heard of this, I picked it up, finally figuring out why they would include this “little known” character. Obviously Game and Watch was simply too old for me to know anything of it. Game and Watch Gallery 4 is a game that includes a multitude of video games from the Nintendo system “Game and Watch”. It includes many of the old games from the Game and Watch, and the same games with updated graphics and sound.

Game play:
What can I say? With that many games, how can you go wrong? Personally I would have liked it if they had the updated versions more, well, updated, but that's just me. Not much to say here: 8/10.

Sound:
Pretty good sound, but gets annoying after a while. It's nothing to be excited about. 7/10

Play-Time/Replayability:
This is where the game is good, but not good enough. When you can't unlock anymore games, not because you have them all, but because you are simply unable to, you are forced to either play the games you have, which is rather boring I might add, or try harder. You will end up playing this game a long time, as long as you don't have a game with better replayability, like Advance Wars, or Pokemon. It is fun to pick up and just play when you're bored, but you won't be wanting to play this all the time like you would with AW, Pokemon, and many other games.

Rent or Buy: Rent. Or better yet, get a friend to buy it and play it at his house every so often. I'm serious. In the same boat as Namco Museum; Good game, but overshadowed.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 08/07/04