ID number for shiny?

1. I keep hearing that you need a certain ID to get shiny PKMN on the game. Is this true or does it just make it easier to find a Shiny with certain ID?

User Info: lucario123

lucario123 - 8 years ago

1. If I'm remembering correctly, the exact odds of finding a shiny are 1/8196. You just have to keep looking.

User Info: BludWarrior

BludWarrior - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. That is fake.
    You can only get a shiny by luck or chaining.
    Chaining is using the pokeradar and keep fighting the same kind of pokemon for 20 to 100 times without stop. That raises your chances for getting a shiny. There is not another legal way to get.

User Info: ssj_songohan

ssj_songohan - 8 years ago 0 3
  2. To my recollection, there is no pokeradar in Ruby/Sapphire; I'm fairly certain that was introduced in Diamond/Pearl. But the chance of finding a shiny are 1/8000+ so you just have to keep trying. Some people soft reset their game hundreds of times to get shiny starting or rare pokemon. They have also reported that once you have an ID where a shiny has appeared to stop resetting since once you see a shiny, that ID will most likely have more shinys associated with it. On both Diamond and Pearl boards there are long running topics talking about acquiring shinys and they always discuss soft resetting when it comes to games before D/P.

User Info: barboid

barboid - 8 years ago 0 0
  3. No.

Technical answer: A certain ID/Secret ID will require certain Personality IDs (data that varies per individual pokemon) but certain IDs/Secret IDs will not provide a wider range of shiny Personality IDs.

User Info: tiakalla

tiakalla - 7 years ago 0 1