Question from lucario123

ID number for shiny?

I keep hearing that you need a certain ID to get shiny PKMN on the game. Is this true or does it just make it easier to find a Shiny with certain ID?

BludWarrior answered:

If I'm remembering correctly, the exact odds of finding a shiny are 1/8196. You just have to keep looking.
2 0

Answers

ssj_songohan answered:

That is fake.
You can only get a shiny by luck or chaining.
Chaining is using the pokeradar and keep fighting the same kind of pokemon for 20 to 100 times without stop. That raises your chances for getting a shiny. There is not another legal way to get.
0 3

barboid answered:

To my recollection, there is no pokeradar in Ruby/Sapphire; I'm fairly certain that was introduced in Diamond/Pearl. But the chance of finding a shiny are 1/8000+ so you just have to keep trying. Some people soft reset their game hundreds of times to get shiny starting or rare pokemon. They have also reported that once you have an ID where a shiny has appeared to stop resetting since once you see a shiny, that ID will most likely have more shinys associated with it. On both Diamond and Pearl boards there are long running topics talking about acquiring shinys and they always discuss soft resetting when it comes to games before D/P.
0 0

tiakalla answered:

No.

Technical answer: A certain ID/Secret ID will require certain Personality IDs (data that varies per individual pokemon) but certain IDs/Secret IDs will not provide a wider range of shiny Personality IDs.
0 1

Shiny Feebas? Open 5171996
Shiny migikarp? Answered daxil101
Shiny Shedinja? Open Nakurro
Soft reseting shiny?? Answered jeremy9891
Is it possible to get a Legit Shiny WISHMKR Jirachi? Answered BKXD