Review by RedFyre

"Pokemon games keep evolving with new systems"

Introduction:

Pokemon Sapphire Version is a very good game. Basically, it is just the same as previous versions, but with better graphics, sound, etc. In case you have never heard of Pokemon (If you haven't, what cave did you just come out of?), it is an RPG in which the main character goes around, catching as many of the 150 and something pokemon there are. In the previous versions (Red, Blue, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Yellow), there were different pokemon, and there is now a total of about 300 and something. But now I am starting to just waste your time, so I will start the actual review now.

The graphics have steadily gotten better with every new version. This, being the first on the Game Boy Advance, has the best so far. Even with all that, they could be better, I know that the GBA can get better graphics. There are new attack animations, and the graphics in the field are better as well, with such additions as actually having a reflection when you walk by water, and you leave footprints in the sand. But the pokemon look the same as always, if not better, and the battle screen background changes depending on what type of area you are battling in.

The gameplay is the same as all the past versions, with a very easy control system. The battle system and menus have even gotten a little easier to navigate and have become more self-explanatory over the years. You basically use the D-pad to move, A to select, and B to cancel. It's that simple. The game itself will provide a moderate challenge, or easy if you have played the pokemon games before, and know how they set up their puzzles. Yes, the puzzles are basically the same as before, but with different variations.

I must say that I am not very impressed with the storyline too much. It is the same as the previous versions. Just switch Team Rocket with Team Magma or Aqua, and that's the basic difference. Other than that, it's the same thing. Go around catching new pokemon while fighting with other trainers for eight gym badges and the right to fight the Elite Four. After you beat them, you still get to play the game, collect the remaining pokemon, and re-battle other trainers. Most people, me included, say that you haven't truly beaten a pokemon game until you have captured all of the pokemon in the game. Which is why you get to continue.

Same as previous versions, with some minor additions. Other than that, they have just basically re-used the same sounds over again.

Play time/Replayability: 10/10

Play time will give you at least 150 hours of playing, depending on how much you want to do and how many times you do it in. The main story itself will give you at least 20 hours of play time.

Final Recommendation:

If you like pokemon, you should already have this game. If you hate it, nobody can talk you into getting it (If you don't like it, why are you reading this in the first place?). If you haven't played it yet, then try this version out. Or Ruby. If you haven't played it yet, or aren't sure about it, I would rent it and then see how much you like it. But if you have played previous versions and liked them, then get it.

FINAL SCORE: 9/10