Review by SPGLink

"Castlevania: Aria of FUN!"

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, the latest chapter in the Castlevania series, is really good. It's about a young man, Soma, that goes to see the solar eclipse with his girlfriend, Mina, and then they all get trapped within Dracula's Castle, and meet a bunch of friends. They help each other go through and try to find a way out of the castle. I've never had this much fun with another GBA game since Castlevania: Circle of the Moon.

Let's look at everything, one area at a time:

Story: 10/10 This game takes a step away from the cliché ''Alright! Let's go kill Drac!'' storyline, and brings us a new story, that's fresh and chock full of plot twists and the like. Very entertaining.

Graphics: 10/10 WOW! These graphics are phenomenal! I haven't seen graphics like these since Golden Sun, but these graphics are so fantastic. The animations are so smooth. These graphics are a lot better than those of Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, which of course had excellent graphics, however most of those graphics were only consisted of shades of gray, making it seem pretty lame. That's not the case with Aria of Sorrow, though, these graphics are awesome. If I could, I would treat the graphics people to a pizza.

Controls: 10/10 It's pretty easy to get used to the controls of this game. I'm confident that most people will feel comfortable with it very soon upon picking it up.

Music/Sound: 10/10 I like the music. There are tons of music tracks in the game that I personally loved, and I really like them. Nearly guaranteed to make you hum and or snap your fingers to it for a while. The sound is great, too. The swish of the swords, the clang of the metal, and the occasional grunt when you get hurt. Again, whoever did these graphics deserves a pizza.

Replayability: 8/10 Well... it can go really fast if you just completely rush through it. But if you take the time to look for everything and get 100%, that'll take you some time. And also, you get some cool modes of play after you beat it once. I would have given it a 9, or perhaps a 10, if it had a Battle Arena like CotM, or maybe even a 2-Player Vs. mode.

Altogether: 9/10 I had a lot of fun with this game, and I'm sure that you will too. This is definately a game to pick up.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 05/07/03, Updated 05/07/03