Question from secondhand_kiss

Why aren't Ann's rival event's happening?

So I'm sort of stuck. All of the other girl's rival events are happening as supposed to.
I may have ruined my chance at getting Cliff and Ann married though.. Will someone answer my question?
Q: Have I completely ruined my chances at their marriage?
What happened was Ann was at a black heart and the day that I was supposed to trigger the black event ( didnt do it till Fall, after the vineyard event ) I went to talk to her before hand and it turned purple. So now that I couldn't trigger the event, I figured that I had already done it earlier in the game and forgot about it. So I tried to get the purple event, and it didn't work. So it took me so long to get it to black. I went into the Inn to find Ann to give her some rocks and I triggered Her event with me (purple). I accidently said the Right answer ( if you were trying to get her ) and her heart went to blue. It took me quite some time to get her back to black, and I triggered her black rival event, but now her purple event won't trigger. Been trying to 2 seasons..

smedway asked for clarification::

Read the FAQ is not really helpful. These Q&A sections are here so that people who have one issue do not need to go through a dozen 50 page FAQ's. I personally have read several FAQ's and Anne's events are not happening for me either. Although I think that maybe it is because I am friends with Cliff. I developed a friendship with Cliff for the Winery side quest and I have not seen any events with Anne and Cliff accept one where she brings lunch to the church. This may be the same issue if you have been giving him gifts or told him about the Job at the winery. That boosts his "affection" for you.

Answers

black_kat08 answered:

Read the FAQs... This might help you with all your problems =)
3 6

Xebes answered:

What day are you trying to get it to work on? My guide told me to go on a friday at 7pm but one night i went on a wednesday at 7 pm and it triggered. I'd say best bet if yours and hers love points aren't too high is keep going to the hotel every night at 7pm till it triggers.
0 0

Arkmenhah answered:

The Black and Blue heart events for Ann and Cliff will ONLY happen if you trigger them BEFORE the Vineyard event, and then the Green and Orange Heart Events will ONLY happen AFTER the Vineyard event, if Cliff got the job and stayed in town.
1 0

lionof34 answered:

You must get cliff a job so all the heart events for ann would happen
0 0

fuzz_237 answered:

Actually You can still trigger the black and blue heart events after the Vineyard event, it just has to be in spring or summer. Just not in Winter or Fall.
And also her heart for you has nothing to do with her rivals heart events. She could have a red heart and you can still trigger her black heart event with Cliff.
0 0

HotIceHunter answered:

I was under the impression that you could only get a heart event once, right? You're saying you got the purple event, then went back to black heart to get the black heart event, and now you're trying to get the purple heart event again, right? Well there's your answer to why you're not getting the purple heart event. You already did it.
0 0