Review by HMLORD

"The NEW and IMPROVED HM:BTN"

Control:(9/10)
The controls are much better than that off HM:BTN since the camera is no longer at an angle it is easier to position your character (Jack) on the screen to carry out tasks such as chopping wood and crushing stones. The only control that kind of gets in the way is having your whistle be the same button you use to flip through items in your ruck sack. Overall the controls are fine and you get used to the small problems

Story:(8/10)
Not that there is anything wrong with the old story, I've loved it throughout the Harvest Moon series, but it would have been nice to have a new story. The story is nearly identical to HM:BTN, you inherit a farm from your Grandpa and it is your goal to turn the farm into a profitable business and settle down and get married, but HM:BTN had a great story so it's not too bad. Overall the story is good, but it would have been nice to have a change.

Graphics:(9/10)
The graphics create a big contrast between HM:BTN and HM:FoMT. The HM:FoMT graphics are very pixilated compared to HM:BTN, but if you take the games in comparison to similar systems HM:FoMT is to the other gameboy versions as BTN was to the HM:64. Overall the graphics are pretty good for a gameboy advanced game.

Sound:(8/10)
The sound is great for a Harvest Moon game, normally it is rather annoying...I haven't really played it long enough to get a real grasp on whether it will get annoying, but so far it is fine. Overall the sound is okay and if you get a special item later in the game you can change the background music, and if it does get annoying you can always listen to a good CD while you play.

Entertainment:(10/10)
Being a harvest moon fan makes me a little biased...(cough...a lot biased...cough). So I'll say this, I love it and previous Harvest Moon players will love it too. If you haven't played Harvest Moon before I suggest that you rent it first. Overall I was extremely entertained!

Difficulty:(1-10/10)
One of the best things about this game is its flexibility, its as hard as you want it to be, if you want to be lazy you can and stay a bachelor, or you can try your hardest and get to marrying the Goddess. The difficulty is different for everybody depending on how much effort you want to put into it.

Replay:(10/10)
Replay value is incredible...there is always something that you could do better in a new file and with 6 different girls to marry it'll take 6 files at least to complete everything! Overall the replay value is superb!

This game is incredible and everyone who loves RPG's should buy it, even if you don't like RPG's give it a try.
This game gets a (9/10) from me, it is great!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/14/03