Review by Dark Gaia

"This is not a normal review... then again, this is not a normal game."

When I first heard about this game, I thought Nintendo must have eaten some cheese that's past it's expiration date. I was very curious of the game though so I got the Japanese version first. I played it nonstop. I couldn't put this game down. I tried telling other people about cool it was and they just think I ate some cheese that's past it's expiration date. Until now...

Graphics- 8

The graphics are awesome! It's beyond anything you've ever seem on GC, PS2, and Xbox! They got stick figures!!!! Black and white stick figures that uses mode 7 for smooth scaling and rotations. You can't do that with Gamecube. They use stop motion for really cool clay.... thingies. You can't do that with PS2. They used real aactors as the paddles and a watermelon as the ball. You can do that with Xbox. Ok seriously though the graphics are really freaky and I love it. It's hilariously bad yet charming at the sametime. I just can't help but smile when I see the black and white graphics used in the nose picking game. Oh and this game is cinematic. I love the cinemas, they are a clever blend of in game graphics, mode 7 and still pictures. There are plenty of them in this game. They are fun to watch and has an almost cartoon like quailty to it. See how Squareenix can top that!?

Music- 9

I love the music in this game. I can't stop singing along with those alien rabbit type things. The game even includs an entire song. Actually 2 songs, but the other song is kinda short. It's really hard to explain it but just play the Ninja games and you'll see what I mean. I also love the sound fxs. Lots of voices and weird/disturbing(play the karate chop game and hear what sounds like a girl moaning once you break the log, very disturbing) sounds.

Plot- 10

The story is filled with themes like betrayal, scandals, wild car chases, heroic rescues and more. Hell any game that allows you to stare at a toilet for more than 5 minutes has got to have a good plot to back it up. Incase you're wondering, yes this is a joke yet also not a joke. You'll just have to play the game and watch the cinemas carefully to understand what I mean.

Gameplay- 10(too bad I'm not allow to give it an 11)

This is the real meat of the game. You get to pick your nose. You get to chase people. You get to avoid cars in high speed races. ARGHHHHH! It's too much to list. All I can say is these games tests your reflex and sometimes even your brains. Sometimes the games end so fast you don't even know what just happened. You can't lose interest in this game. The game lose interest in you. There are some really sweet games from classics like Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Ice Climber, Dr. Mario, F-Zero, Excite Bike, and more. Before you get too excited, those games above also only lasts for a few seconds. I'm not complaining though. There are some full games you can unlock like Dr. Wario. Well they're full games but they lack depth, only Dr. Wario is worth playing.

Overall- 9(not an average)

Really, the only complaint I have is that the games end too fast sometimes and you lose or win without even knowing what you were suppose to do. But that's ok. This is the game you want to bring with you on long car rides.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 05/22/03, Updated 05/22/03