Review by Wiser Guy

"The best time to buy this game is right now."

The graphics here are not exactly eye-popping, spectacular, or in simpler terms, impressive. The backgrounds are above average, and they do the job well. However, the reason it gets a 10 out of 10 here is mostly because of the animation of the sprites. The game changes one sprite to another at a rate that makes the Bros, the enemies, and everyone else very fluid. With the exception of the Bros standing still out of battle, every sprite moves with an amazing smooth speed and keep on going. Sometimes, the Bros. can act so funny, with this animation boosting the humor, that you might give out a smirk or even a laugh, like when the bros. do an ''anime fall'', or when Luigi gets so scared and jams his hat down on his head.

The most of the music in this game is forgettable, although the boss battle music is something to remember. The many sound effects in the game sound right, also. But, the real quality of the sound comes out when the characters speak. No, they don't speak all the time. Most of it is the bros saying eachother's name, the bros. explaining something, saying the current command, and a few other voices, like the voice luigi made when he became scared(see above). The speech won't get repetitive, since it isn't used very often, but it's still icing to this cake.

I could go on for quite a while explaining everything you can do, but I'll keep it short and explain just the battle system. The system starts of with just the jump and dodge commands, but more come as the game goes on. The commands include using three methods of attack (Jump, Hammer, Hand), Run, Item and Bros. attack, a ability that uses up BP, which is kind of like MP. Action commands can be used while you are your enemies are launching attacks, like jumping out of the way of some fire breath, and dealing some additional damage. This adds a bit more skill from timing these commands into the game (Comparable to Paper Mario or SMRPG). Now, there are also elemental weaknesses that can be exploited using the hand command. Since Mario uses Fire and Luigi uses Thunder, there isn't that much strategy added, but it's still a nice boost.
Outside of battle, there are tons of platforming challenges, a chance to strike the enemy first(or start a desirable battle), mini-games, and a whole lot more.

Replayability: 8/10
I may not have beaten this game yet, but I can already tell that I'll want to go through this game again. However, there isn't too much to do besides play through the main quest, but it's more than long enough to compensate for this.

Overall (Not an average): 9