Review by Ninja Kirby1231

"First Impressions"

Well, here are my first impressions with my game clock count at 2 hours and 50 minutes...

Story 10/10
I really liked this storyline because it is not the same old Mario where Bowser kidnaps Peach and Mario and sometimes Luigi have to rescue her. This time Peach’s voice has been stolen and replaced with “explosive vocabulary” meaning anytime Peach talks the words blow up.

Graphics 10/10 These graphics are almost like Paper Mario graphics, except that the eyes are bigger in this game. Also I find this should be the way all Mario game graphics should be like.

Sound 10/10
The sound in this game is fantastic. If you have ever played the old Mario RPG for SNES and heard the music and liked it than you are in for a real treat. Already I have heard quite a bit of songs from the old Mario RPG and of course new ones. The evil laughing and the Mario Bros. speaking in Italian is also a nice touch.

Gameplay 9/10
The gameplay is great and easy to learn. Well, maybe not that easy. But once you get used to the concept of Mario’s actions/attacks being to A button and Luigi’s actions/attacks being the B button you should be able to play the game fairly easy. The counter system was a bit hard for me to learn though. I mean once I faced maybe 1 of the same enemy 5 times I would get the counter down for that monster when the introduced ANOTHER monster. Although I am learning this faster and faster so it might not be such a problem in the future. The stat upgrading of the Mario Bros. remind me of Paper Mario and The Mario RPG for the SNES since you upgrade all of your stats each time you level up, also you get a bounus in which you can use for any stat you want. Personally I usually upgrade the lowest stat. Besides the counter system this game’s gameplay is great.

Replay Value 10/10
This game probably has a decent replay value, although I am not sure since I am only 2 hours and 50 minutes into the game. So far I wouldn’t mind going back and doing all the stuff I have done so far again, that would actually be fun!

Rent/Buy
BUY! This is a MUST BUY! Go out and buy this game right after you finish this review!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/24/03