Question from Alakazam_KooL

How do i get hydro cannon for my blastoise?

I increased his happiness, had him first in my group and talked to the old lady, why doesn't it work?

Alakazam_KooL provided additional details:

I did. I gave him a protein and he came really close to me.

Answers

ineedananswer answered:

Make sure you increased it's happiness to the maximum. That is the only requirement.
1 0

njablaze answered:

If you used a cheat or something to get another starter and taught it her move, that is the problem.
0 0

michellep80 answered:

All 3 of the starter Pokemon learn a unique ability from this lady, right? They have to be in their final evolution form and be the 1st in your line up. Works everytime for me.
0 0

chaosefat answered:

doesn't work if it has been traded from another game and if you are not it's OT(original trainer)
0 0

michellep80 answered:

chaosefat
Makes sense, but you can't trade that early in the game anyway, so it's kinda null and void about the whole OT issue. Another thing that makes sense is that the game wouldn't allow you to teach it to more than 1 starter Pokemon, which is also understandable. Trading is fun, but not necessarily the answer to everything.
^_^
0 0

Jvalant answered:

With how close the pokemon gets to you when you give it an item, I think that's just rough estimate. Not super precise. If it gets really close to you that may very well just mean that the friendship stat is high, but not necessarily at max. A way to check to see if friendship is maxed is to take it to Daisy while your blastoise is the first in your party. If she says "It couldn't possibly love you any more than it does now. Your Pokemon is happy beyond words" then the friendship is maxed.
0 0

Synthic718 answered:

You have to max friendship out till he can't have anymore of the items
0 0