Review by Soul Ender

"Cards + Kingdom Hearts = fun game"

This game feels just like Kingdom Hearts. Let me say that now. If you don't like the idea of playing something that feels very similar to the first game (i.e., jamming the attack button and having a great time doing it), then just stop reading this review and forget you ever even heard about this game, because I'm sorry to say, but that's the truth.

The wonderful truth.

GAMEPLAY: 8/10
The gameplay is a little confusing at first--I wasn't sure what I was doing with all these map cards and requirements and the like, and the battle system wasn't very well explained at the start. But eventually, it eases you into the game and you begin to feel right at home with it. The battle system revolves around some "cards" that look like they could give you the papercut of the frickin' century. You have your attack cards, magic cards, item cards, etc., etc., and you use them to progress through doors, create new areas, attack, defend, and so on. Like I said, it's a bit puzzling at first, but eventually, you'll get the hang of it and settle in quite comfortably.

GRAPHICS: 10/10
*kerblink* Whoa, just whoa. They crammed a high-quality video from KH into the opening sequence, which is pleasantly topped off with your typical bewildering set up at the "Castle Oblivion", but more on that later. What matters is that the game is excellent-looking, utilizing pixels and sprites in ways you never thought possible. The animation is smooth and crisp, and the spells and abilities rival Golden Sun in sheer coolness. Characters' pictures (when they're talking) blink and express themselves quite nicely, so that you can get an idea as to what's going on whether or not you actually listen--er, read--the conversation. Just amazing stuff.

STORY: 10/10
I haven't beaten the game yet, unfortunately, but the surprises held within here are quite enjoyable. I can't say anything else, lest I spoil it for you. Good luck!

SOUND: 7/10
They recycled tunes from Kingdom Hearts, as well as voices. This, I can live with. I can also live with the wet noodle sounds and sparkly, tinkly noises, though, amidst all this amazing gameplay and graphics, the sound seems fairly bland and/or typical.

OVERALL: 8/10
This game rocks. Let's go over why, in case you skimped on my awesome review and just scrolled down here, you lazy ****.

-PROS:
-excellent visuals
-interesting battle system
-engaging story

-CONS:
-dialogue's a bit cheesy
-sound and audio are a little bland
-battle system and tutorials are pretty useless, leaving you confused for a while

RENT OR BUY: Buy it!