Review by zerofan102

"People who gives this game a low score definately needs more detail"

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

I saw a few reviews giving this game a 3 or a 5 and such. I just looked at them and said to me, “These reviews need A LOT more reason to say why this game needs that score.” Just to tell you the truth, the game is not bad. It's a great game for its genre and for the system it's on. Of course, there are flaws because no game in the history of gaming is perfect. The flaws it has is not that bad, so don't worry people who can't choose to buy this game, don't worry.

To start off, I'll just have to say this, best-graphics-ever. This games animation is truly pushing the GBA either to its limits, or passing it. The beginning cutscene looks just like the PS2 version of Kingdom Hearts! Yes, like I said, just like PS2 version. As for while- you're playing graphics, it's great. The character models are surprisingly good for a GBA game. Even then they're talking; you see a model of them in the left or right side of the text. Just looking that them means that Square-Enix did a great job on this section.

The character models are great, and the environments make the graphics better. Everything is detailed and colorful; it just makes it fun to look at. When you're fighting, the background looks absolutely beautiful, just as great as the enemies you fight. Just thinking about the graphics makes it look good.

The graphics may be good, but you have to remember looks can only take you so far. Because of that, Square-Enix gave a great battle system. When you fight, everything turns to 2-D, like a fighting game. The battle system consists of using cards to attack, heal or summon. You use L&R to switch between cards in battle, and press A to use them. By pressing L&R both at the same time, you put them in something called a sleight. You can put 3 cards in your sleight and then use them for later. When you do use them, it does a much faster combo then with a regular card by card. By leveling up your sleight, you get one extra move before using the 3 cards. Also, I've noticed that one of the people who gave this game a 3 said he lost because he did not noticed he lost all his cards. See, that means you need to pay more attention, that's not the game, it's you.

As for non-fighting gameplay, everything looks good. You use B to jump, and press A to swing your keyblade. If you go near an enemy and swing your key blade, you will start the fight, but your opponent will be stunned for a few seconds. This makes it easier for you to attack and heal in the fight. While you run around exploring the area, you are in isometric view. That means that the camera is kind if like in the top/corner. Like I said before, when you fight you are in 2-D view, like a fighting game. There is nothing wrong with this view, nothing at all. You can see your enemies perfectly, and see the doors perfectly. If it keeps on messing up, like you said, then it means you have a bad cartridge.

With good graphics and game play, you need something good to listen to, and this game has something good to listen to. The music completely matches with the environment, same thing goes for the battle music. Unlike other RPGs, the boss music is different for each boss. And each one of them is nice to listen to. Not once did I have to use my music to play and turn down the volume on my GBA. It's just great.
The sound effects were awesome and sounded crisp and clear. I heard each hit clearly without asking myself, “Did I hit him?” It's just great.

Of course, you need to have the reason for RPGs, the story. The story is great, I did not see nothing bad about it. See, the main character, Sora, is still looking for his friends. He find this castle called Castle Oblivion. As you go through the castle, you find Sora losing more and more of memories from KH-1. Same thing for Goofy and Donald. Even if they're losing their memories, their never forget their friends or their mission. Or do they? Play the game to find out.

If you look the other reviews that gave this game a 3-6, you'll see that their missing either a complete section, or some very important information. Please guys, review something with MORE detail and reason if you're going to give it a low score.

Graphics- Great animation. 9.75/10

Sound- great music to listen to and the sound effects are great. 9/10

Gameplay- The card based battle system is great and user-friendly. 9.5/10

Story- Truly bridges the gap between KH-1 and KH-2. 9/10
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my final word. I think it's better if you rent it. If you're positive you want to buy it then go crazy. I just think this game is worth either a rent or buy, you choose.

Final Score- 9.5/10