Review by D O I

"A Great Classic That Your GBA Will Thank You For"

Introduction
This is the game that redefined classic 2D platforming. This is the game that gave Nintendo it's mascot. This is a classic game, and one of the best platformers ever. This is Super Mario Bros.

Story/Plot: 10/10
Evil Bowser captured the Princess. It's up to Mario(and Luigi, in 2-Player mode), the humble plumber, to stop him and get back Princess Peach(Toadstool, as she was called back then). The story is the game's strongest point, in my opinion. It was originally started by Donkey Kong, and has continued today, being put into almost every Mario game, with a few changes.

The graphics aren't that great, but hey, what do you expect from the NES? Mario and Luigi were done nicely, and so were the enemies. Bowser doesn't look too good, though, I admit they could have done him a lot better. The levels and background were done spectacularly, with bright colors and great designs.

This game has an addicting tune(too addicting maybe?), and is still repeated in modern game Super Smash Bros. Melee. The game was done by an orchestra, and still plays in many of our heads today. The only reason the sound doesn't get a 10 is because it gets kind of annoying when you are small and jump , making a beeping sound. Other than that, the sound was beautifully done.

Originality: 8/10
Although this isn't the most original story ever, it still is a great story.

Replayability: 10/10
The only reason I got the Classic NES Series version was so that I could replay the game over and over again. With a two-player mode, two difficulty levels, 8 worlds, 4 levels to a world, you've got yourself a good replayable game. There are various ways to complete each level, a quick way and a long way, and you can try both to get yourself the highest score you can get. That's the whole point of replaying arcade games, to have fun and to get high scores.

Gameplay is the biggest part of this game, and it has some pretty good gameplay. Play it by yourself, play it with a friend. Either way, it's very fun. You can run, shoot fireballs, go down through warp pipes, collect coins, stomp enemies, and so much more. At the end of each world there's a boss. Defeat the boss, repeat eight times. Once you defeat the game, you do it over again, only harder. This is what makes this such a great game. The level variations are great, too. There are underwater levels, snow levels, dungeon-like levels, and spring-time levels. Overall, there are 64 levels in all, 32 normal, and 32 hard.

Conclusion
Overall, this is a great game. If you own a GBA, buy this game. It's only twenty bucks. Your GBA will thank you for this great game that it will experience.

Score: 9/10