Review by Murk

"Aye, it was a hell of a lot better on the original Nintendo..."

Yes, yes, I know, it's the graphics from the original Nintendo days, but no matter what way you look at it, those days are over. While these were probably considered revolutionary graphics back then, they aren't now. They were alright, but nothing spectacular.

Sound/Music: 3/10

Oh, please. There were two, maybe three, sound tracks altogether. Only two of them were actually good. I'm sorry, but that's not good enough for this reviewer.

What they could have done was add in a different music track in the shops or caves, or something. Instead, no music played at all in those places. They could have played something there, if you ask me.

The story made up for the lacking in the above categories. This is basically where everything began: Princess Zelda has been kidnapped by the evil monster, Ganon, and Link must come to her aid. To do this, he needs the Triforce of Wisdom that has been shattered into eight pieces and hidden in eight dungeons. That's basically the point of the game: Locate the areas that hold the Triforce shards, destroy their guardians, and reform the Triforce of Wisdom, enabling you to destroy Ganon and retrieve Zelda. This is the base in which all the Legend of Zelda stories were made.

Replayability: 5/10

Eh. If you found it fun the first time, by all means do the Second Quest. I highly doubt a lot of you will, though. You'll probably just be happy that the game is over.

To you hardcore gamers, though, you'll probably have loved the challenge proposed in the first playthrough, go for it again, and love the Second Quest's challenge even more. Y'never know, lads.

Difficulty: 10/10

This game is HARD! You will be playing a lot to beat it. You'll also be losing a lot of lives throughout the game. After the second or third time, it gets easier, but until then, I hope you pad your head with something so you don't get a concussion when you bang it over and over on your wall.

The gameplay is still good. Admittedly, the sword use is lacking, as you thrust instead of swing, but it still works well all the same. You have arrows, boomerang, bombs, etc. to fight with as well. There's also some cool items such as the raft, bridge, magic shield, etc.

All in all, the gameplay was good.

Rent or Buy?

Definitely rent it first. You might even beat it while it's rented, y'never know. It depends on whether or not you're good at this kind of game. Again, my advice is to rent it first.

Reviewer's Notes

All in all, this game was adequate. It was obviously much better on the original Nintendo. I just didn't get the feel on this one that I got with the original one, and not because it's a game that was ported onto the GBA. Anyway, play this to understand what I mean.

That's all. Take care, and see you in my next review.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 09/05/06