Review by ElderGod

"LOZ in 1987 - Awesome, LOZ in 2004 - Still Awesome"

::Introduction::
Ganon, the King of Evil, broke free from the Dark World and captured Hyrule's beloved Princess Zelda. Before she was caught, Zelda managed to shatter the Triforce of Wisdom and scatter its eight pieces throughout Hyrule. Link swore to recover the Triforce pieces and rescue Princess Zelda from Ganon's clutches.
This game will be a part of me forever. I can remember getting my first gaming system , the NES, SMB/Duckhunt, and the Legend of Zelda for Christmas back in 1987. I played SMB/Duckhunt for about an hour and then I picked up this gem; opened the box and read the manual. Instantly I was hooked. I loved the fantasy feeling I got from this game. I played this game non-stop for weeks. Granted I was 5 and I was a new gamer I pressed on. I remember staying up on school nights by candle light because my parents would see my light on under the door. I would draw maps for the dungeons. Don't really no why it just felt like the right thing to do... Oh well I love this game.

::Graphics:: 7/10
The only sore part of this classic. The resolution on the Game Boy Advance is wider than that of the NES so naturally the screen would have to be "stretched" horizontally. Newcomers to the game will not notice the change while seasoned veterans will complain endlessly. Overall the graphics for this game are colorful and clean and some of the best to ever grace the NES while they will look dated on the GBA.

::Sound:: 10/10
The sound is one of the greatest aspects of this game. The tunes will stay in your head for years. Veterans will start this game up and instantly feel nostalgic when they hear the opening theme. All of the sound effects stayed true to the original from the opening theme to the sound of you launching a sound.

::Gameplay:: 10/10
This game has a very simple interface. Walk around the Overworld and find item to help you and try to locate the dungeons. I remember getting extremely frustrated trying to find the 7th, 8th, and 9th dungeons. But I enjoyed the challenge. You move around with the D-Pad an (x,y) fashion only (no diagonals, sorry) and press A to use your sword. B activates the item that is selected from the START Inventory menu. Very simple yet effective.

::Replayability:: 10/10
I remember when I unlocked the second quest for the first time I giggled like a school girl. I couldn't believe they put another quest on that NES cart. Well the second quest is included in this title and the replayability will not disappoint. I have personally played through this title 9 times and I will play a tenth in the next few days.

::Reveiwer's Tilt:: 10/10

::Final Verdict:: 9/10
Buy this game it wont disappoint.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/03/04