Review by shinagami13

"The Legend of Zelda small but going large"

The Legend Oo Zelda -Minish Cap.
In a Over All Review, I give this game a 8/10.

Story Line, I give this game a 8/10. It's always nice fighting against a new evil force (Vaati) trying to take over the land of Hyrule besides "Ganon/Ganondorf" and the fact of knowing their is another race of small people named (Picori) was a good boost of the Zelda series.But the game seemed a little too short. Their were only 5 main dungeons and most of your time is consumed of fusing Kinstones and collecting figurines, then going out and collecting your reward by doing so. Overall though seeing your hat which is one of many Legend of Zelda icons turn u from big to small and small to big and having a major part of the story line was a great way to get u into this game this game, oh and it did have a habit still to capture you, draw u in, and keep u glued to your GBA screen, to know whats going to happen next .
(8/10)

Game Play, I give this game a 7/10. All the items u acquire are helpful one way or another, but the items u usually acquire in the dungeon never helped out in the boss fight like the other old Zelda titles. Some of the sword abilities u learn from the "Blade Brothers" were kinda hard to get the timing right (Roll Attack) and the Sword Beam does 1/2 of your over all damage which was kind of a let down to me. Some of the bosses were kind of irritating to get around hurting (Big Octorok) but the rest were fun and exciting to fight. I enjoyed from going to big to small, which was new and interesting, and figuring out a lot of the puzzles which I always enjoy doing from the past Zelda titles. I didn't like how some of the places u need to blow up was pretty much invisible and u had to go guessing where or if u should try to blow up that wall and how the fairies only healed 4 heart slots and Lon Lon Ranch milk healed 5 for half the bottle 10 over all.
(7/10)

Graphics, I give this a game a 9/10. For a 32 bit game seeing that Snes has 32bits it beats The Legend of Zelda-Link to the Past
but I've seen more clear images in other GBA/Snes titles. I did enjoy the color contrast of the different areas u go to, from Minish Woods to Royal Valley.
(9/10)

For music/sound, I give this game a 10/10. This game reminds me of a lot of Zelda titles such as Ocarina of Time/Link to the Past and the the fact of hearing Link say nothing except battle noises makes me always think of Link of a silent bad ... For GBA music/sound effects go, seeing that its running its full for the 32bits its running.
(10/10)

Replay, I don't score replay, I believe replay value is a full opinionated review. I've replayed FF VII 6 times start to finish and Ocarina of Time 4 times. Some people don't think RPG's are ment to be replayed like FPS, over all u can acquire everything in the game before beating the last boss and their wont be anything left to do. But who says in a few years from now u wouldn't mind to replay this wonderful game.

Overall a 8/10, the sounds and music makes your ears tune to joy and the storyline keeps your eyes glued while seeing the beautiful contrast of colors on your 32 bit game counsel, the game play is good but not great seeing u have to go Superman on the wall to see if the wall has a secret entrance or not and the fairies don't do their job right, at times I think of squashing them with a fly swatter and drinking some sweet milk instead.
(8/10)

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 02/02/11

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (US, 01/10/05)