Review by Dasende

"Minish Cap: Et tu, Nintendo?"

Okay okay, before you start thinking about writing those e-mails on how this game is the "Greatest game Ever!" Maybe you want to read through my review here. Alright then, here we go...

Intro: It's basically the same Zelda story: You're the hero, something happens to Zelda, collect the four elements, save the day. Not a problem for most Zelda fans, if it ain't broke don't fix it. No real problems here besides that it's the main story is a mesh between Four Swords and Wind Waker, somewhat.

Gameplay: Well it's a zelda game, same as all the other zelda games, again, not a problem. Only thing I have against it is length. This game is way too short, maybe it's just that I'm a veteran Zelda gamer but to find all the hearts and finish sub-quests and such, around about 5 days max.

Sound: The sounds! No qualms here either, you have the overworld tune of course, never gets old. Nothing new except for minor dungeon music and a few sounds that your stuff makes.

Graphics: This is one of this games strong points, the world looks real nice but then again I don't know much about graphics, the only problem I can think of is that it may be a little cartoonish to those who don't like the style.

Difficulty/Length: I already talked about the length of the game, too short, it only has about 7 dungeons. So, it's not long at all. Okay, the game is EASY. The puzzles are real easy, if you can call them puzzles. The bosses are simple and in my opinion the mini-boss guardians were much harder.

Originality: Not much to put here, after all it's Zelda. First of all though, is the ability to shrink or grow in the Minish portals. It's a clever idea, but got fairly annoying after a bit. The really nice thing in this game is the Kinstone system, during your adventure you get halves of kinstones and then go around the world trying to fuse them together to create a full kinstone. When you do this chests appear and certain events happen. Another thing that's a bit different is the learning of skills, it's a good idea, but the majority of the skills you learn I never use except for the Spin attack.

Good Points:
Graphics - great as usual
Sound - the overworld tune is as catchy as ever
Mini/Normal size mode
Kinstone system

Bad Points:
Really Short
Too easy, in my opinion
Too many techniques that aren't useful

Final comments: So now you're looking at it and saying "Hey, this game doesn't look bad! Why did you give it a 6?" Well, it isn't a bad game, it's just not a good game. If you like short quick games maybe this is the way to go.

Rating: 6/10 - Great old Zelda stuff, but that doesn't make it a good game overall.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 11/22/04