Review by harvestmoonfan1

"Another sweet Legend of Zelda game..."

First of all, I'd like to point out that for all people that were a fan of A Link to the Past, will definitely like this one. Sadly enough though, I've heard that this will be the last overhead Zelda game, but who knows...

As many people know, the LoZ (Legend of Zelda) games have great stories added into the game. The story to this one is that an evil sorcerer named Vaati petrified Zelda, and you're on a quest to reforge a Picori (Minish) blade with four elements. Doing that will un-petrify Zelda with it's powers. It's a really good story, and thats my first reason that I like this game.

Wow... i love the gameplay in this one! There are so many things to do on your quest, such as connecting stones with people all around the world that will open up secret location, or even treasure chests. There are also some new items in this Zelda. LoZ fans probably remember the bow, and the bombs, the ocarina, Roc's feather (in some of the games), and even the Pegasus Boots (YAY!). Well... they are in here, but the new items are quite awesome. Of course, there are always flaws in the gameplay of games. the one for this one, is that it's not as long as the other LoZ games. Even with that, it is pretty long, if you do the sidequests as you go along, which are really fun btw. That's why I gave the gameplay of this game, a 10/10!

I'm sure lots of people have played a LoZ game before, and noticed that a lot of the classic sounds are used. And they still are used! Everyone likes the secret door opening sound , or figuring out a puzzle sound. Also, the sound where you get an item from a treasure chest sound (my favorite). Even the new sounds are great, because they are so crisp.

Music: 10/10

It's a LoZ game! I will never give the music a score any lower than a 10/10 because all the original music is in this one. Most of the ones from Link to the Past is in here, but modified a bit. The music is always fun to listen to because its been there since the first LoZ game. Many other people can agree that the music is awesome in these games.

The graphics are similar to the LoZ: The Wind Waker. if you're saying that you didn't like the graphics from the Wind Waker, then its okay. They were changed for an overhead view of this game. Really, only the people look like they are from the Wind Waker, and thats a good thing too. If everything were looking like the Wind Waker in this game, then it wouldn't look as good. Also, the monsters and everything look as good as they were in A Link to The Past, but even better. They are even very, very smooth when moving.

Replay Value: 9/10

Even though it is fun to play it again, it is not the best thing for me. I say that because of the fact that you already know what to do, and what you need. Also, there's no point in challenging yourself not to die the whole way through, because there is no death counter, like in the other LoZ games. If you have other friends that told you to do that, and you try to show them, you won't be able to. I, personally, liked the death counter in the other games, because I could always show my big brother that I was better than him. You can still do it, knowing that you accomplished your task. For these reasons, I give the replay value a 9/10

This game deserves a ten. It is really fun to play, and everything such as the graphics are so crisp and clear. It is fun to play over again, and has a great storyline.

Rent or Buy: BUY!!!!

The Legend of Zelda: the Minish Cap is a great game! If you ever come across it, then you've got to buy it. You won't regret getting it, and that's a promise.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/23/05