Question from skullfire96

What is the bad egg ?I need help!

My friends are telling me about bad eggs and somehow i got one what do i do with it please help!!!!

skullfire96 provided additional details:

I wasn't using any hacking device

GameFreakMania answered:

You must have hacked improperly or incorrectly.

If you ever see one in your party or PC box, turn off your game and DON'T SAVE. If you did save, turn off the game, remove the hacking device, turn on the game, and put the Bad EGG into a PC box. Use a code to put a Pokemon (doesn't matter which) into the box and slot that the egg is in, overwriting it. If you have more than one Bad EGG, it's either because you didn't remove the hacking device when you were supposed to (fixed by overwriting each egg) or because the egg is of a variety (yes, there are multiple types) that has damaged your game (which is VERY bad). Oh, and DON'T LEAVE YOUR PC UNTIL YOU DON'T HAVE ANY BAD EGGS.

If you are unable to complete any of these steps, it is likely that your save file (or even the game itself) is permanently damaged. If the egg hatches (some types do, while others don't; this is why you need to get it out of your party), it's almost certain that your save file is lost, and your game may never work again. This is why you should always use extreme caution when using cheat codes.

(Note: I have heard of one case in which someone dropped his game and a Pokemon had turned into a Bad EGG when he loaded his save file. Although this is possible, it's extremely improbable.)
0 0

Answers

Iwanagi answered:

Huh. I just moved the egg in the PC and my game was safe. But it all depends on the severity on it.
Just leave it in the PC. BOOM. Fail for Bad Egg. If you wanna be safe, do the following steps above.
0 0

Iwanagi answered:

Explain how you got it.
0 0

Dexthe answered:

OH MY HOLY GOD THE BAD EGG CAN FREEZE AND KILL YOUR GAME AFTER YOU TAKE ONE STEP AFTER IT HATCHES FROM A NORMAL EGG!!!!!OH MY HOLY GOD!!!OH MY GOD!QUICKLY DO THE STEPS GameFreakMania LISTED!
0 0

Iwanagi answered:

DUDE! SHUT THE HELL UP! CALM THE HELL DOWN!

Just leave it in the box. That's what I did. If you can't hack it out of the game(Which takes too damn long, but is safer),
just leave it in the box. It can't hurt you if it doesn't hatch.
0 0

Fang14 answered:

That's my bro who asked it. Some kid we know sold him the game and the bad egg was in it. I'm sorry to ask a question here but... If he migrates the pokemon that he wnts into Pokemon Platinum can he start a new game and if so will the egg be gone?
0 0