Review by wolffangfist_Z

"A Dragonball game?! For Gameboy Advance?!...sweet!"

They must be kidding you say? They probably forgot the 'Z' and it's a typo. Well I got news for ya. It's NOT! This game has been long awaited by many Dragonball and Dragonball Z fans alike. Let me tell you something. It does NOT disappoint.

For all the Dragonball Z fans out there that aren't familiar with the Dragonball Storyline I'll fill you in. Long ago an alien (Sayian) baby crash landed on earth from outer space in a space pod. An old Martial Arts master called Son Gohan raised the child and named him Goku. Later in his life, Goku meets a young girl named Bulma who is in search of the Dragonballs. Goku decides to help Bulma on her journey. Along the way, they meet many interesting people that befriend them. Master Roshi, Yamcha, Tenshinhan (Tien), Krillin and many more…Throughout Goku's journey in the Dragonball series he learns the true ways of Martial Arts. Always looking to become stronger and facing new challenges that lay ahead.
After all these years, Dragonball is still one of the greatest stories ever told. For me it's just as good as Dragonball Z…if not better.

The graphics in this game are almost perfect! The characters are amazingly animated. They move just like they do in the show. So if you're into Platformers with tons of bad guys to kick the living crap out of then this games perfect for you.

I was amazed to hear that they used a lot of the original theme music from the show (The opening theme being my favorite). The music fit very well with the game. It flows very well with the action and didn't get one bit annoying after a while like in most beat ‘em up games. It had the whole feel of the original show.

Game play: 9/10

The basic gameplay controls are really easy to pick up. The action is awesome if you're into a lot of ass kicking. It could get a bit repetitive after a while but there's not a beat ‘em up/action that isn't. Being able to play as Goku and beat the crap out of a hell of a lot of bad guys while side scrolling from start to finish on each level. what more could you ask for? the one on one battling is pretty sweet also. seeing fighters like Goku and Jackie Chun soaring sky high in the air hitting each other 20 times before they they both hit the ground. yep...it's just like that show.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/15/05