Review by yay_marioguy

"This is what Dragon Ball is all about!"

First off, I just would say that I'm a HUGE Dragon Ball fan, and that I like it way better than Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT. This is my favorite Game Boy Advance game by far. Every Dragon Ball fan should buy this game.

In the game you have two modes, story and one-on-one fighting. In story mode, you get to play as little boy with the tail, Goku! You have to find the Dragon Balls and save the world from Pilaf and the other villains. Then there is one-on-one fighting. You can play fast paced fights with the characters that you have unlocked. That starting characters are Goku and Krillin. When you fight, you have this gauge, and when it runs out you are vulnerable to an attack. After you get four hits, you'll be knocked into the air, then your opponent will jump and attack you in the air.

If you saw the show, it'll be easy to catch on to the game. For those that never watched the show, it'll be a little bit hard to get the story. The game goes all the way until Goku becomes an adult. I did not like the fact that they changed some of the parts to make the game simpler. The game was a little short though. But it makes up with it's fast paced one-on-one fighting.

Graphics and sound: 10/10
Since there isn't much to talk about graphics and sound, I combined both sections together. This game uses the full potential of the Game Boy Advance's graphics. It looks just like the cartoon itself. The sound is very well done. It sounds just like it came from the show, even though I don't think it did. Since I played the UK version, all the voice acting is in Japanese.

If you are a die hard Dragon Ball fan, or you just want to play a good platformer, then this is a definite buy. It has a ton of replay value, and lots of unlockables. I hope that this game comes to America soon. I recommend this game to everyone.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/15/05