Review by NebulaBlue

"Beastly."

The Mega Man Battle Network series has always been something I was deeply interested in since I came across it by chance. It seems like just yesterday when I put my first Battle Network game into my Nintendo DS Lite, only to get beaten by viruses. I was put down, but easily amused. I knew from that day that I had to play the rest of the series, or I would miss out on a great game. I waited, and now I finally have my copy of Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Falzar.

Game play: 7/10. The game play is the same as every other Mega Man Battle Network game. Collect Battle Chips, programs and other upgrades to help Mega Man delete his foes. But the new forms Mega Man can use in this game are some of the best, and most powerful, ever. Mega Man can now get Navi Crosses, much like Double Souls from Mega Man Battle Network 4 and 5. But the good thing about Crosses is that you no longer need to sacrifice a Battle Chip, and Crosses last for the whole battle until you are hit with an attack that does double damage. Then you lose the Cross for the remainder of the battle. There are five version exclusive Crosses for each game. A special new form that Mega Man can take on is called Beast Out, in which Mega Man takes the form of either Cybeast Falzar or Gregar, depending on the version. Some people say that Beast Out is cheap, but some people see it as an integral part of beating the game. Beast Out lasts for three turns, and can be combined with Crosses for even more power.

Music and Sound: 10/10. This game has one of the best game soundtracks I have ever heard. But seeing as how it is Capcom, of most of the music clips in this game are naught but remakes. But that isn't to say that they aren't good.

Story line: 8/10. The plot of this game isn't exactly what I would call a tear jerker, but is well done. Characters, new and old flourished their way into Mega Man Battle Network 6 and delivered one hell of a story. While it is uncomfortably short, it is very enjoyable and compelling.

There are a few glitches in this game. One glitch is the ability to walk through certain people by continuously walking into them. Another glitch is the one where you don't save in a point in the game so the Danger music doesn't continuously play. The biggest glitch is the ability to find Japanese only Battle Chips in a certain area in the game. These chips were removed because of Botkai's low sales in America.

Although this game is among one of my favorites, it can get quite boring. After beating the main story line, there is not much left to do because most of the extras were removed from the American version. Some of the bosses in this game are quite easy after you learn their attack patterns. And some of the combos make the game a little easy leveled.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/06/06, Updated 01/06/08

Game Release: Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Falzar (US, 06/13/06)