Review by tanookimario

"Get ready to play for endless hours and hours..."

Get ready to play for endless hours and hours...

Final Fantasy is one of, if not the most successful RPG series ever. Now that some games are getting outdated, Square Enix is now remaking them. Although some of their remakes have been very easy, flawed, and even sometimes boring, this remake just blows the other ones away.

This game has a very simplistic storyline, but being simplistic isn't a bad thing. The wind has started to die down, so Bartz, a traveler, meets up with Lenna, the princess from Tycoon, Galuf, an old man who has amnesia, and Faris, a pirate captain, to try and figure out what's going on with the crystal.

Music: 10/10
The Playstation version's music was terrific, and this game's music is no different. Every song fits the situation. Some of the best songs are when something sad or awful happens. If something sad happens, the music will make you feel like you want to cry. If something bad happens, the music just gets you mad at the villain. Even though there are some other really good songs, there are also some songs that are okay, but they get the job done.

I don't know how much better the graphics can be for a GBA game. The battle backgrounds are beautiful (some even move), the regular background when your walking is great and doesn't look rushed. Also, the enemy sprites are terrific, and so are the character sprites, especially when it's a different sprite per charter for every class.

Gameplay 10/10
The gameplay of FFVa is unbelievable. There are these things called “jobs”, and there are a variety of different jobs. You can be a tank, like a knight or a monk, or a magic caster, like a white mage or a black mage. After you get a certain amount of ability points, or ABP, you gain a job level. When you're picking a class, you get to pick one ability from another class. The more job levels you gain, the more abilities you can use with a different class. Eventually, you'll master the class, and you can use every ability that that class has to offer. So let's say I master white mage with Bartz, and I make him a knight. That means I can have a good fighter that knows every type of white magic. Believe me, you'll be stuck to your GBA for countless hours mastering every class…trust me…

Replay Value: 10/10
This game is loads of fun. After you beat it, you'll just want to keep on playing it just to get everything done. Also, there are extra features, such as the bestiary and the bonus dungeon. If you're a completionist, then you'll look around the world, dungeons, and the sea until you find a certain monster to complete your bestiary. Also, there is a bonus dungeon after you defeat the game, which has a superboss at the end, and there are other superbosses in this game too.

Conclusion: 10/10
This game is perfect, and I believe that it cannot be made any better. This game is a masterpiece, and I think if you are an RPG fan, you should definitely get this game.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/14/06