Review by The_Excerion3

"Same old awsomeness, just with 10 more hours gametime!"

When I heard there was going to be a remake of this for the GBA, I never considered buying it. I had already played the original for SF 10 times and I didn't think this would be much different.

Then I went on the forums and found out about all the added features. This made me decide to give it a try. It was a $40 well spent. This game takes the classic SNES game, and while still keeping its wonderful gameplay and excellent job system. It add's more to it.

I have always been a 2D classic junkie. This game takes all the old SNES graphics, and gives them a slightly brighter pallette. All the characters have character portraits now too. I don't really have much to comment on about the graphics. They suit the game well, and I have never found anything that looks out of place or awkward.

The original SNES version had arguably the best music of any FF game. This version has taken that music, and modifyed it slightly to make it sound better. And it does, all the battle theme's are much clearer and enjoyable to listen to. The game also now has a music player so you can listen to the music without being ingame

Controls: 10/10
Nothing to complain about here. The controls fit almost perfectly with the game. And if you think they don't, there is an option to change the controls to however you want!

Gameplay: 9.5/10
Not much to complain about here either. The game runs fairly smoothly and the gameplay has remained much the same from the SNES version. The reason I docked 0.5 from the score, is because the game lags slightly at a few spots. Mainly during the Sandworm battle and the Final Boss fight. But it is very slight and usually only if you cast a big spell with lots of animations.

Job System: 10/10
This is the main part of FFV. The job system is by far the BEST job system ever seen in the FF series. You can mix and match classes. And the customization is superb to say the least

Storyline: 7/10
The game has a relatively good storyline. It's just good enough to support the game while not being the main feature. While it is a bit generic, it doesn't really matter because FFV is more of a gameplay based game than a storyline based game like most other FFs.

Overall: 10/10 (Not an average)
This game is absolutely superb overall. There are very few things to find to complain about. The new features are just great. I am very happy with my purchase of this game and I reccommend it to anybody that likes RPGs or Final Fantasy games.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/21/06