Review by 6xdandangp

"This game is undoubtly my favorite of the Final Fantasy series."

Out of all the Final Fantasy games I've played, this one is definitely my favorite. From its amazing story to its interactive and unique gameplay, you'll be playing this game for hours on end, and you'll love it all! Before you read this review, I'm going to say that I HIGHLY recommend this game to anyone who likes RPG's.

Story 10/10
The story starts off with two Biggs, Wedge, and a girl named Terra. Biggs and Wedge disappear after the first boss, and you'll end up using Terra and Locke for the beginning. It doesn't start off as exciting as you may think, but it quickly picks up and will leave you trying to beat the game as quickly as possible to see the ending. At least, that's what happened with me, this story has a lot of value for an SNES game AND for a GBA game.

Gameplay 10/10
This game is fun, much more fun than most other FF games I've played, you can customize many of your characters to be EXACTLY what you want it to be, how cool is that? Even if your character is weaker in a certain stat, you can boost them up with espers. You'll be spending a lot of time trying to train your characters to become stronger, then your characters would breeze past most bosses and you'll be happy that you trained. It's not a very hard game, but you can make almost every character the way you want it to be, that's amazing for an SNES game.

Graphics 10/10
The graphics are flawless for SNES, so they're perfect for GBA too. Everything is as detailed as 2D can get, battle backgrounds can be somewhat 3D too. You'll be stunned at the graphical quality that this game offers. This version doesn't have much of a graphical difference from the PlayStation and the Super Nintendo versions, though.

Sound 9/10
The music quality was some of the best that the SNES could have. The GBA somewhat weakened the quality, though, there's not as many instruments and some tunes sound a little funny. The quality is still usually as good as a GBA can get, and you'll still be enjoying every song it has, though. So the music still deserves a very high score.

Replay value 9.5/10
You can play it for as long as you want, or as short as you want, it doesn't matter. You'll be loving every minute of it, anywhere from grinding your characters to learn new magics or trying to progress through the story. You'll also be exploring places you've already explored in hopes to find new things, and believe me, you will find new things in places you've explored before.

Overall 9.7/10
This game is undoubtedly my favorite Final Fantasy game, I am also quite sure that this is my favorite RPG in general. The story is amazing even for this age, the gameplay is interactive and unique, and the graphics are the best that 2D can get. Also, like other Final Fantasy games, don't rent this, it won't be worth it. This game definitely deserves the score it got, and you'd have to hate RPGs to not like this game.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 05/14/09

Game Release: Final Fantasy VI Advance (US, 02/05/07)