Review by SSJ Son Goku

"DQM-A fun, complex Japanese monster raising/rpg game"

Dragon Quest Monsters

This game is really impressive. The graphics and sound are beautiful, and the monster breeding is a really neat feature. However, this game is very hard for people who don't understand Japanese (like me), and it can get really frustrating at times to not uderstand what is going on. You are in a strange world where there are quests that you must defeat in order to save your sister. When you do battle, the monsters are AI-controlled. If you defeat the enemy, they may join you. Bosses and people you meet along the way can help you, but only if you defeat them first. Monsters get hungry along the way and you must find meat to feed them. You also find items and gold in the quests. After each quest, you return to a castle and are healed. You can breed monsters of opposite sexes to create special creatures. I would reccomend this to RPG, Monster Raising, and Dragon quest fans who can read Japanese. However, the price is a bit too high (I picked up a copy for $60!) so I would reccomend waiting a while before making a purchase.

Sound/music:7