"The most addictive video game ever played."

Once I got this game, I didn't stop playing until I had all 249 Pokemon (two, of course, you can't get in a normal game). I easily never played a game so time consuming, or so fun! Pokemon is a game for everybody, even the people who hate the show (I am one of them).

Gameplay: 9

Definately a good game because of its amusement level. The beginning may be a bit tedious, but you will most likely be immersed. It is pretty difficult, as most RPGs are, but you shouldn't have too much trouble. The controls brought the score down. It takes too long to get an item or fight, since you have to enter all these commands. It gets annoying after a while, but you won't even care when you are nervously trying to beat your opponent's Level 40 Steelix.

Sound/Music: 7

The music and sound can become pretty irritating after a while, but that is why they made volume control. The is a wide variety of cool sound, but the music is repetitive. There is also only, like, 6 different tracks, so it will get on your nerves. Don't let it interfere with your gaming!

Graphics: 5

If you're one of those finicky individuals who won't even glance at a game that has poor graphics, then this game isn't for you. Of course, some games are pretty awesome even if they lack superior graphics, and this game is one of them. Sure, the Pokemon don't even move when they fight, and the walking looks cheap, and the buildings are crappy, but who cares?

Story: 10

In most RPGs, the entire game is the story rather than the beginning. The whole story of the game is very well thought out, and I was impressed, since I have been very disappointed with many other RPG's stories.

Replayability: 10

I don't know about most people, but after I spent countless hours on this game and finally finished, I wanted to play again. It's better the second time, because you realize things you never figured out before. Definately one of those games you won't get too bored with too quickly.

Overall: 8

I know that 8 may not be such a high score, but look at it this way. If you are one of those people who don't even care about graphics, then the score to you would be about 9. Turn down the volume, and it will be 10. I would highly recommend this game to anyone that doesn't care about wasting tons of time on video games!

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/07/02, Updated 01/07/02