Review by Mr Socko

"The third best RPG EVER!!!"

Being a 13-year-old PokeManiac, I am dubbed ''too old'' for this type of game. The people who say that were dropped on thier head as a baby (one of the people that say that lives in Iowa and roots for the Yankees.) This game, although it still has a kiddish exterior, is really fun. Lets put it under the microscope (easy, easy now, <crash> I said to raise the microscope before sliding it under!)

Story - 10 - Um...... It could be the fact that IT IS POKEMON!!! WHAT DID YOU EXPECT!

Visuals - 10 - Remember in Red/Blue/Yellow that the animations were somewhat simple? NOT A FACTOR IN GOLD/SILVER.

Sound - 8 - The SE's are not that good (not counting PKMN cries)

Battle System - 10 - <see story>

Replay - 10 - Like Red/Blue, you have a choice of Fire(easy), Water(medium), and Plant(hard). Don't worry about catching all the Pokemon you caught in Red/Blue/Yellow. There is a room that uploads all the Pokemon you caught on R/B/Y to Gold/Silver.

Overall - 48 (96%) A - Only behind Seiken Densetsu 3 and Chrono Trigger, this is the best non-SNES RPG. You are never too old to play Pokemon, it's too fun to put down.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 02/21/00, Updated 02/21/00