Review by I c h i r o

"Don't play this game unless you have a LOT of free time!"

That's not a bad thing, but I'm saying it's very addicting.

GAMEPLAY 10/10
I didn't think it would be that much better, but Game Freak has done a good job making it more interesting. Tossing Steel and Evil type Pokemon into the fray evens out the advantage for Ghost and Physcic types. Even some existing Pokemon have had new types added. For example, Magnemite is now Electric/Steel, giving water Pokemon some chance. The new Pokemon are quite interesting, like a flying/ground type. These Pokemon make the game original and much more interesting than the origianl Red/Blue set. You'll never want to touch Blue, Red, or even Yellow after you play this one.

STORY ??/10
In all fairness, I can't read Japenese, so I can't give it a fair evaluation. From what I've read it's pretty similar to the old ones, except it happens ten years later.

AUDIO/VIDEO 10/10
I din't think Gameboy was capable of producing graphics this good! The graphics are about as good as most of the newer Street Fighter games, and that's saying a lot. The colors are used much more effectively than those in Yellow. The graphics are actually much better than those in the animated series in battle, or at least they would if the movements were more fluid. So close, yet so far. The music is very good, and hummable. The battle sounds are better, but not that much.

REPLAYABILITY 10/10
With 250 new Pokemon, and 16 badges you'll never be bored!

BUY OR RENT
Buy! Just pay an import website the money. Believe me, you won't regret. By the way, please don't get the emulator. The preogrammers obviously put a lot of extra effort in this game, and cheating them is bad. :(

FINAL SCORE 10/10
This game is incredibly innovative and unforgettable. I give it a ten!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/23/00, Updated 12/24/02