Review by wolverinefan

"Amazing game"

Story Link is drawn to the Triforce which rests in Hyrule. He wakes up in the woods and hears voices. He goes to where the voices are and meets a dancer named Din. Din tells Link he is in Holodrum. The sky suddenly turns dark and Onox comes out and captures Din and puts her in a crystal. Din is the Oracle Of Seasons and Onox wants to use her power to rule Holodrum. It is up to Link to save Din and Holodrum. The story is good but you never really care what happens to the people of Holodrum. I wish you could interact more with the people of Holodrum. I give story a 7/10

Control
Control is easy to get use to but it's really easy to accidentally equip the wrong item to a button. The menus are a pain to go through and sometimes you will have to cycle through the menus twice cause the buttons are real sensitive. I give control a 8/10

Voice Acting, Sound Effects and Music
There is no voice acting in the game cause the Game boy Color just can't handle it. Sound Effects are good and fit everything but I wish the rivers made a river noise instead of doing nothing. The music is good and changes for each type of situation which is nice. I think the whole sound area is lacking which is disappointing. I give voice acting, sound effects and music a 4/10

Game Play
Hit thing with your sword and use the Staff Of Seasons. The world is really big and takes a while to explore which is very nice. It is really easy to get lost when you are looking for something. There is eight dungeons and each are shaped like something which is cool but the dungeons are on the easy side. Each dungeon has at least one new item to use and there is a lot of items to get in the game. Some items from the other Zelda games aren't in this one, like the hook shot, which is disappointing. Heart pieces aren't hidden very well and are rather easy to find. The bosses are easy except one or two. You can also get an animal that you can use which is cool but you can only get one that you can use most of the time, the other two will only be used when you first meet them. There are also rings all over the place that you can find and they change your stats which is cool but it is hard trying to find them all. The game is a lot of fun till you run into a part you're having trouble with. The game keeps the classic Zelda feel which is a very good thing. I give game play a 9/10

Replay Value
For once there is a very good reason to play the game again after beating it. After you beat the game you are given a password you use in Oracle Of Ages then when you beat Oracle Of Ages you get another password and you use that on Oracle Of Seasons to play a new mode which lets you get the real ending and some things are also changed around. While it is a good idea it is a pain if you don't like going through the same exact dungeons. There is also 64 rings you can try and get which can be hard since it's hard to find all the ring cause they are always random. There is plenty to do once the game is beaten the first time through and it adds a lot to the game but it would be nice if the dungeons changed so you wouldn't have to do the same exact things over again. I give replay value a 8/10

Final Score
I give The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Seasons a 9/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/10/07

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (US, 05/13/01)