Review by Doomion33

"It seems as though we were visited by our past."

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons was an absolutely amazing game for the GBC. Paired with its sister, Oracle of Ages, an amazing game is born. Let's go into detail.

Story: A boy named Link (You can change the name), was sent to the land of Holodrum by the mystical Triforce. A dancer named Din finds him in the forest and brings him to her traveling troupe to recover. But soon, The General of Darkness, Onox, swats Link away and takes Din away, ruining the order of seasons, as Din is the Oracle of Seasons. Link meets a living tree called the Maku Tree who tells him what to do to save Din. He must go to different dungeons, defeat the bosses within, and get the Essence of Seasons within. And in most dungeons, bosses from the original Legend of Zelda return to fight once more. Perfect storyline. 10/10

Graphics: This is for the Gameboy Color so It instantly receives a blow against it. However, enemies look fine, Link doesn't look half-bad, and bosses are very well done. All other humans however, can't seem to follow the mold and end up subtracting the graphics score. But the overworld, the dungeons, and all things inside of them look surprisingly well for a GBC game, so I'd give this a 7/10

Sounds: Again, the Gameboy Color was never really capable of in-depth music and sounds, so you get sounds similar to the NES. The only saving grace is the Song of Storms is in this game... and I love the Song of Storms. Other than that, sword slashes and spin attacks sounds like they should. However, text boxes do make this really annoying sound every time a letter appears, making talking a chore in itself. Overall, a 8/10

Controls: The D-Pad moves Link wherever you make him go, Start brings up the item screen, select brings up different maps, and A and B use different items. Only having two items out at a time can get annoying, but due to the small number of buttons on the Gameboy Color, the controls were perfect. 10/10

Overall: Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons is perhaps the best game for the GBC besides Pokemon Gold. Released in conjunction with Oracle of Ages, buying both allows you to link up and do more stuff in the game. If asked to rent or buy, I would recommend you to buy it. So, this game receives a 9 out of 10.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/03/09

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (US, 05/13/01)