Review by ohnoitschris

"It's about time for a new Game Boy Zelda game, and there aren't any flaws here."

After quite a long while, the new (at the time of writing this) Game Boy Zelda games have now appeared; Oracle of Ages, and Oracle of Seasons. Note that this review is about Oracle of Seasons, and might I say, it ''ownz j00''. Why? Read on....

Graphics- 8/10

The graphics are great, seeing as though everything on screen is nice and clear, and they even brought back some old sprites from Link's Awakening DX. It even has a great opening movie, which really pumps the GBC as far as it will go... not to mention mini-cut scenes throughout the game, that use full color. The text also got bigger, and I like that. Overall, the game is beautiful in the graphics department... But what about....

Sound- 8.5/10

Wow. Great, clear sound effects and wonderful music make the game quite enjoyable... most of the sound effects were ripped from Link's awakening, but seem clearer... Besides that, there is quite a bit of new songs, that will leave you humming them even after you play. Great songs and cleaned up sound effects force me to give the sound an 8.5/10.

Gameplay- 9.8/10

Holy crap. It's like they took Link's Awakening, mashed too much fun into it, and made this game. It's amazing. Even though there's still the classic go-up-to-the-enemy-and-chop-it's-head-off style of battle any other Zelda game has, which is always a lot of fun, this game has new puzzles, which mind you, are quite a challenge. Not to mention effects from the original Zelda game for the NES. If you've played the original Zelda, you'll see a familiar boss in the first dungeon. But don't get too excited, I won't spoil it for you, so :P. There's also a jumbo amount of side quests, and features, such as the link between Ages and Seasons. Overall, this game is a blast, and you can take it anywhere. The gameplay naturally gets a 9.8/10.

Seasons or Ages?
Since this game is a companion cart, you may want to buy both Ages and Seasons, but from what I've experienced, Seasons is the better buy... so to sum it up, buy seasons if your short on cash, but if you can afford both, get ages as well.

Buy, Rent, or Forget?

Whether your a Zelda newbie or an experienced veteran, you'll find this game an excellent buy. Rent if you wish, but if you do choose to rent, you'll just waste your cash. Buy Oracle of Seasons. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 05/24/01, Updated 05/24/01