"Along with its counterpart, this game'll keep ya busy!"

This review is for Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, which is the counterpart to Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. This pair of games are linked to one another, and more than just by title. They actually seem to take place in the same world or one similar to it. In fact, these games are so linked that you'll face bosses from both games in each game. There's also a way you can transfer items from Oracle of Ages to Oracle of Seasons, and the other way around. I'm not sure how that works, (my first thought was that you need a link cable and another GBC, but I could be wrong, since this game also has passwords in it). Now, I think the passwords are executed differently here. I don't think you input the passwords the way you would in a normal password-using game. I think what you do here is give the password to a certain character in the games to unlock their secrets.
Control 10-10. This game's controls are exactly the same as in the Oracle of Ages. It's easy and reliable, and you should not have any trouble with it. I sure don't. As in Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages, you assign an item to a particular button on the GBC, (I usually go with the sword on the B button). This feature is pretty neat, since if you don't like having A as your attack button, (the original Zelda did that), then you can switch whatever weapon you're attacking with to the B button. Then you have your A button free for other items, such as other weapons, or the Roc's Feather, which makes you light enough to jump. I don't know about other people, but I always had issues with having the attack button be A in the original Zelda, and having no way to change the controls. It got rather annoying, especially if you were used to games like Blaster Master or Metroid, where B was your attack button.
Audio 10-10. Here's another factor that links these two games. I checked out Oracle of Ages first, (having just acquired these games on the day I'm reviewing them), and then I checked out Oracle of Seasons for a while. Let's just say that at first I thought I'd bought two copies of the same game by accident. Further investigation however proved that I was wrong. They just share tunes. The new tunes for Seasons are pretty good though. As in the Oracle of Ages, sound is pretty good as well. You'll find SFX from Link's Awakening here as well. All in all, the audio department is very well done.
Fun Factor 10-10. A fun game that'll keep ya busy for a long time. Definitely, don't buy Ages without buying Seasons.
Story 10-10. As in Oracle of Ages, the villain, (this time called Onox, General of Darkness), seeks to kidnap one of the three oracles, Din, the Oracle of Seasons, in a plan to spread chaos throughout the universe and ultimately to revive Ganon!
Overall 10-10. These should not be too hard to find, since they're new, and I recommend them to anyone looking for a good adventure. After all, aside from the actual game there's the link system to figure out!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 05/28/01, Updated 03/01/03