Review by Poots

"A great game to tide you over till the next Zelda game."

This is a really really good game that will tide you over until the next Zelda game for Gamecube or whatever.
I have been eagerly waiting for this game ever since it was announced as 3 parts,but unfortunately the 3rd part has been canceled. There are a lot of new items in this game,and the bosses are tough and well-designed and require actual thinking to defeat them,rather than just slashing away at it. The final boss of each game also are really hard to defeat.

Story 9/10
A woman finds Link in the forest,brings him back to camp,asks him to dance with her,the sky turns black,General Onox comes,a tornado throws everyone away,the woman is captured.

Not a Final Fantasy/Dragon Warrior type story,but who cares when this game is almost flawless.

Control 9/10
The basic controls,put items on A and B and use them. The items are used as soon as you press the buttons,they are really responsive. But sometimes changing items on buttons gets very annoying,I wish there were more buttons to put items on.

Replay Value 10/10
After you finish this game,you will get a password which you can use to start a new game on its counterpart (Oracle of Ages) to get secrets and stuff.Some characters in the second game you play will recognize you from the first game. In fact, this is the only way to actually ''complete'' the game,as this is the only way to fight Ganon.

Graphics 10/10
This game really pushes the GBC's graphics processor,especially when you are at the Atumn and Spring seasons.Really really vivid colors.Perfect score!

Sound 10/10
The game plays the classic Zelda theme on the overworld,but most of the music is original,and most probably they will get stuck in your head.

Overall rent or buy.
BUY!!!I'm a huge Zelda fan,ever since I played Link to the Past.I have play Link's Awakening,Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask before playing this and they are all great games.Can't wait until the Gamecube version of Zelda,its surely gonna be great.Just like almost all other Legend of Zelda games,this game is really really good.One of the things that make this series great are the puzzling and very well designed dungeons,and this one is no exception.A true great game,probably the last great game on the Game Boy Color before the GBA hits. Get both this and its counterpart,you won't be disappointed. A true masterpiece of a video game,once you play you won't stop until your batteries are dead. Fortunately all people can play,as ESRB gave it a Everyone rating.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/05/01, Updated 10/14/02