Review by kdavey1000

"Rayman coming to kick your ass (from 100 ft away!)"

Ok i see there aren't many reviews for this game so i have decided to contribute to what i think is a great game!! Rayman!!
When i bought this for £5 of my friend, i wasn't expecting to much except an average platformer. But i soon found out that i was wrong...

Graphics 9/10

They are gorgeous graphics for a GBC game, covered in a fascinating multi-colored blanket of colors, this game is certainly a feast, no a banquet for your eyes. I knocked over at the graphics although the one flaw with them is that they don’t vary too much, this hardly matters as I can’t see many people getting bored with the colors.

Sound 7/10

Hmmm, not bad but maybe slightly repetitive sounds will emit from your Game Boy speaker while playing this game. While they go very well with the game after a few plays of the game you may find yourself turning down the volume! Very good sounds for the Game Boy!!

Story 8/10

While there isn’t much story to be found here, I think what story there is suits the game perfectly. A strange man cloaked in darkness has captured your good friends from whichever strange land Rayman lives in. You must venture through many worlds to face Mr. Dark and save your friends. A quite fulfilling story for the humble genre of the Game Boy platformer.

Gameplay 10/10

The crowning glory of Rayman is the ingenious Gameplay. It is so basic it’s laughable but so amazingly wonderful with it, that it is awe-inspiring. It mainly consists of jumping across gaps and up trees with Rayman. Most of the time you will be striving to avoid water which Rayman, for some odd reason doesn’t like. Over the way you will gain three upgrades including a helicopter using Rayman’s hair! This is a game that you will enjoy if you like any kind of games!

Replayability 8/10

This game is quite long for a GBC platformer; you will have to devote at least an hour of your life to finishing it. As for replaying it, I doubt you will touch it for a while after finishing it, but you will pick it up sometime for that long, boring car journey.

Overall 9/10

An almost perfect Game Boy platformer. Great Gameplay and graphics make up for the adequate sound lavishly. A suitable filler for that empty space on the back of your Game Boy.

Graphics 9/10