Review by iammaxhailme

"The Best Pokemon Game."

Okay, from what you can tell form the title, I love this game. I think this is the best Poke game out there. I like that the pokemon move in battle, I wish they didn't take that out in R/S. I love the bay/night system, the phones thing, and most of all I love that there are two regions. The other games are way too short. Also, in G/S, when you call someone on you phone, they always say pretty much the same thing. In this game, they say more than a few things, they actually have character.

Basically, in this game, you're a kid who wants to be the master pokemon trainer. You have to pick a pokemon from the basic Type triangle. This is the Triangle.

Grass>Water>Fire> Grass.

Your rival, who is actually a pokemon thief unlike a plain jerk like in the original, always takes the pokemon whose type beats yours. The fire pokemon is Cyndaquil, a four legged- mammal (I think) that has fire blazing out of its back. The water Pokemon is Totodile, who is pretty muck a crocodile. The Grass is Chickorita, a pokemon who has a leaf on his or her head. You have to raise your pokemon, and you can hold up to six, and defeat the 8 Gym leaders, and defeat the Elite 4, and then you can go to Kanto, the region where the original pokemon games took place! There, you can face the original 8 Gym leaders. When you have all 16 badges, you can go to Mount Silver, and face the biggest challenge ever... your character from the original pokemon games! He was each of the original starters, a Pikachu, Snorlax, and an Espeon. Then, you can get all 251 Pokemon.

In this game, you can catch the legendary Cat (or Dog, or another animal, because it's not confirmed as far as I know), a Water type.

Okay, pretty good for a GBC game. It's nice and colorful. I don't really have much to say here as my primary focus has always been game play, but I do like that the pokemon move a little when you battle them. That's kind of fun.

Sound 8/10

There isn't much too say for a GBC game here, but I'll say what I can. The people who made this game must be creative, because each pokemon has a battle cry. In the show, they can only say their name, but in the game, it sounds more like a roar then their name. Also, there are a lot of different tunes. A lot of games just have the tunes for world map and battle, but this game has different tunes for most different towns, and battles, depending on the importance of the battle.

THIS GAME IS SO MUCH FUN! I could play it all day. Actually, when I first got it, I probably played if for hours on end. Anyone who would give this game less than a 6 and a half is clinically insane. Or just has a bad taste in games :p. Also, I like the breeding system.

Another thing that I like is that it's a lot longer then the other games. Red, Blue, Yellow, etc, are great games, but they were a bit short. You get to have a whole new region in this game, AND you get to visit the R/B/Y region, too. Storywise, it's 3 years later, so needless to say, there are some changes.

Replay value: 10/10

There are over two hundred pokemon in this game, and I think it would be fun to try each and every one. And there are also different stats, move sets, combos of pokemon, and you have to buy the other versions to get all the pokemon. Actually, I think that's a scam to get more money. But even f you didn't have to, I'd buy them all anyway.

A think that shoots up the relpay value is that you can recieve an egg with a pokemon that you can't normally get at the beginning (Phanphy, for example), and it'll hatch, and have your ID, and you can use it from the beginning of the game. This way, you can have almost any team.

This is probably the best pokemon game I've ever played. There's lots of other pokemon games out there too, so don't forget about them too! There are lots of other games that I like, but this one is probably the best. It is so much fun to raise each pokemon and use each move that you can. There are lots of types, too, besides the triangle ones. For example, there's Poison, Fighting, Psychic, a lot of stuff.

There are a few other triangles (Dark > Physic > Fighting > Dark, for example), but they're not that important.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/29/05, Updated 08/19/06