Question from TerrierChad

How do I catch Lugia?

I have spent hours trying to catch Lugia. It seems no matter what I do I cannot catch him. I've had him down to as little HP as possible, have him asleep and used both Ultra Balls and Heavy Balls but he always breaks free. I used my Master Ball on Ho-Oh so using that is not an option. Is there anything I can do to catch him without using a Master Ball as nothing seems to be working?

Zeff_fury answered:

First, you can lower any monster's hp to 1 if you use the attack False Swipe as it never kills a monster.

Second the three best balls i can reccomend would be
Heavy balls,
Level balls (if your monsters are higher level than Lugia, and they work even better if every monster in your entire team is higher level than the target ),
and Ultra balls as possible.

Other than that all you can really do is practice and if you run out of balls soft reset and try again.
4 1

Answers

pladim answered:

There is also a way to increase the catch rate of a ball. As you throw the ball (dosn't matter what ball.) if you hold down A & B at the same time it is said to increase the catch rate. Hope this helps!
0 5

qazqi answered:

Any buttons you press, no matter how much you want them to will NOT make a difference. A really useful tactic is to paralyze it. Once paralyzed, pokemon become a LOT easier to catch. Other than that, lower its HP into the red and keep trying.
2 1

MegaMaster91 answered:

what i did to catch'em both was that I bought 40 or so ultra-balls, 30 or more great-balls, and 70 or so poke-balls and weaked to the red and, got lucky & caught'em with the poke-balls
0 4

PokeGamer1942 answered:

How To Catch Lugia
Go To Olivine City.
You Will Need The HM Whirlpool And Loads Of Ultra Balls
Or Use The Cloning Cheat To Clone Master Balls
Go To The Left Of Olivine And Surf Down In A Straight Line For
About 20 Steps Then Turn Right As Far As You Can.
Then Keep Going Down In A Straight Line.
Then Turn Left When You See The WhirlPool.
Then Surf Straight Up Untill You Get To Land.
Then Go Round To The Cave Entrance And Enter.
You Will Need Flash Whilst In The Cave.
Once In The Cave Go Up And Turn Right And Jump The Ledge.
Then Go Up A Bit And Turn Right.
And Jump That Ledge.
Then Go Up And Enter The Stairs.
Then Go Down And Turn Left.
And Back Down And Enter The Stairs.
Then Surf And Go Right And Then Go Down The WaterFall.
Then Turn Left And Enter The Entrance.
Then Surf And Lugia Should Be Straight Ahead Of You.
0 3

giratina2345 answered:

What I did to catch it is using hypnosis weakining it a little with a fire type, and using a ultra ball (used my master ball on ho-oh yo).
0 0

linkfan3740 answered:

What i did to catch this pokemon was to get the master ball duplicate it and use it.
0 0