Review by wolverinefan

"Bland Pokemon wanna be"

Story
Your family has just moved to an island to start a monster farm. You are sent to pick up a package and when the spirit of the island asks you for help, you go on a quest to find a plug to stop your new home from sinking into the sea. Well, for a monster collecting game, the story is really good. I give story a 7/10

Control
It's the GBC so it's not like there is a ton of button. You basically go through menus to do actions and walking around the world map and towns is easy. I give control a 10/10

Voice Acting, Sound Effects and Music
There isn't any voice acting. The sound effects aren't anything special. The music is just horrible and it repeats the same tune over and over and it never ends! I give voice acting, sound effects and music a 3/10

Game play
There is one big thing keeping this game from being half-way decent, the battle system. In most monster collecting games you use one monster at a time and you can choose from a bunch of attacks but in this game it plays just like a RPG but think of really slow leveling up and one spell per monster if your lucky. There are a number of worlds you travel to but I found them all to be boring with their constant random battles and my poor weak monsters being killed in 3 or 4 hits even when thy are at a higher level then the monster they are fighting. The dungeons are rather straight forward and kinda boring. Actually, I found the game to be really boring. The battles are tedious and I almost fell asleep playing this game. I give game play a 4/10

Replay Value
Over 300 monsters and a ton of things to do means you will be playing this game for awhile if you like it. You can also getting special items and stuff if you play the other version of the game which adds a lot to the replay value. I give replay value a 7/10

Maybe it's because of Pokemon that I didn't enjoy this game but to be honest it does nothing new for this monster raising genre and I've never been a fan of the Dragon Warrior series either.

Final Score
I give Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Adventure a 4/10

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 10/10/07

Game Release: Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Journey (US, 09/15/01)