Review by Kiljaden

"Some flaws keep this game from getting a prefect..."

Well, I like DBZ as much as the next person, and so far I must say that Legendary Super Warriors is the best game released in English so far. There are some flaws however...Read on.

Story(10/10): Good old fashioned Dragonball Z here. Nothing that a fan of the manga or anime wouldnt recognize. The game is so far the longest in terms of story that I've played going right from Piccolo training Gohan, all the way to the end of the series, when Buu is rampaging through out the Earth. Its a bit compressed though, which is understandable

Graphics: To me the Gameboy color graphics look almost like old school genesis, y'know? Bland but good, especially during the battle animations. The animations are the best i've ever seen in a a Dbz game with the exception of Gokuden 2 for SNES.. I give the graphics an 8 out of 10.

Gameplay: This is where Legendary Super Warriors really shines. The whole game is like a mixture of the Gokuden series and Legend of the Super Saiya-jin, with a small traditional rpg-type map included. Add a bit of the DBZ collectable card game, and you have this game. You gain cards by winning battle against DBZ villians during the course of the story and you can add them to your deck for use in other battles. Speaking of those battles, they are just awsome. I find myself playing for hours trying to beat Frieza(yes i'm that bad at it), before realizing it's almost 4 in the morning. Highly addictive. 10/10

Dialog: I had to add a special section for this because the dialog really sucks... It looks like the they had the old Funimation writers write for this game. With stuff about other dimensions, and the words die of kill not included. It doesnt make any sense what they replace them with either...''Prepare to lost!'' instead of prepare to die, and whatnot.. Lots of typos and grammatical errors too. This is what keeps in my mind from getting a perfect score.

Conclusion: On the whole, this game is very enjoyable, and I can't wait for it to come out in N.America. I just hope veryone hasnt been turned off of DBZ games by the bad ones we've here so far *cough*Legacy of Goku*cough*... If you want this game get it, It's grat for DBZ fans.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 10/18/02, Updated 10/18/02