"A good game some bombing entertainment"

­Introduction
The game is quite simple. It consists of destroying monsters with bombs (as usual). This time, there's a twist, there's actually a storyline!

Gameplay
9/10
Can't say much about it. It's a bomberman game. You walk around slowly, you lay bombs in hopes that a monster will wander into the blast area and get killed. The only thing that changed is that you're wandering on a map now. The storyline insists that you use different bombs, equipment and powerups in this game. You can use the different bombs to kill certain monsters in the game that need some certain bomb to be killed. The game's different gameplay controls are fun since dashing and slow walking are now available due to the items. The only complaint I have is how slow bomberman is in the first place. His slow pace makes the game seem to crawl after awhile.

Story
7/10
It's far from the best storyline, but it gets a passing grade. The little talking sequences are cute when you first encounter each monster, but that's about the most you get out of the game.

Audio
7/10
I got easily annoyed by the game's sound effects. The music seems pleasant though. There isn't much more I can say about it since there's not many songs and not many sound effects in the game as a whole.

Video
9/10
This is rated in comparison to the other bomberman games. This game has wonderful graphics. The colors are nice, not too annoying to look at, nor do they hide the monsters unintentionally. The looks of the bomb explosions are still the same, but everything else is revamped, even the look of some monsters. This game is 2D, but it looks pretty good compared to the graphics of some other games on the gameboy color.

Replayability
6/10
It's fun, it's easy, it's entertaining. That's just about all. If you played through it once, you have about 3 more play-through's to go since there isn't much to be said about customizability, you gain items, you use them. Period.

To buy or to rent?
Borrow (can't say rent because I've yet to see a video rental that actually lets you rent GB and GBC games.. Heck, I can't even find places to rent GBA games!)
This game is fun for awhile, but gets frustrating if you don't like vvveeerrrryyy ssslooowww gaaammmesss. (the repeats are intentional)

Here's a recap
Gameplay - 9/10
Story - 7/10
Audio - 7/10
Video - 9/10
Replayability - 6/10
General - 8/10 (not an average)

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 06/21/03, Updated 06/21/03