Review by psychomantis44

"This game was meant for the GameBoy Color!!"

I recently bought this game for the GBC, and I was not disapointed with it at all. Grand Theft Auto was meant for the likes of the GameBoy Color, what with its 16-bit looking graphics and equally dated color. But I am not saying that this is a bad game at all. Far from it, in fact!

Graphics: 8 / 10

I enjoyed the overhead view that was presented here. The cities were large and detailed, although sometimes lacking in landmarks, so you had BETTER pay attention to that directional arrow. But other than that, the cars looked pretty good, ranging from pickups to semis, to limos. The only problem with the cars is that often there weren't enough of them. Oh well.

Controls: 6 / 10

The controls got me confused sometimes. Heck, it's hard to remember to push left or right to go clockwise or counter-clockwise, especially when there are multiple cop cars chasing you, each going much faster than you are.

Sound: 4 / 10

How to describe the music in one word or less? Hmm, let me think. Here's my handy thesaurus, open it up and take your pick from the following: abyssmal, pathetic, annoying, lame, bothersome, standard-gameboy-fare (not one word, but deal with it). The sound on the other hand is adequate. But why should we have to deal with music like this? Other games had great music, much better than this!! Fortunately, you can turn the sound, music, or both off.

Replay: 8 / 10

I loved this game! There are over 100 missions, ranging from answer the phone in a set amount of time, to deliver goods, to whack some guy who's buggin' your boss, to pick up some person and deliver them somewhere. There were multiple characters, although they looked the same in the game, and they didn't change anything between them, near as I can tell. The instruction manual was pathetic, all 8 pages of it (no joke, it was that short!). If you liked Grand Theft Auto for the computer or PSX, and have a Gameboy or Gameboy color, then buy this. If you're like me, you won't be disapointed!!

To recap: