Review by Mr Jingles

"A cute game...if you can understand Japanese"

Introduction. This game is basically a virtual simulation of a ferret. The only problem is, it was only released in Japanese, but it is still fairly easy to understand.

Game play: 7/10

Ok. The game is a little hard to figure out at first, but there's nothing bad about that. Right at the start you even get to choose what type of ferret you want, but the colors seem to be randomly generated each time, ranging from whites, browns and blacks. There are basically two main areas on this game, a cage area and a big room area. In the cage the ferret just goes about its daily business, mainly eating, sleeping and you know! It has a tendency to bite your finger if you try to touch it sometimes. In the big room area you can give it toys, treats, baths et cetera take it for walks and play some crazy mini games. One involves making the ferret pick up tiles and placing them on a grid. Sounds easy, well the ferret never listens! The second one is something of a Dancing game. The aim is to push the buttons at the right times to make the ferret dance. Extremely cute! And the third one is a game in which your ferret races against others, but lacking knowledge of Japanese, am unable to really understand. The reason I gave this 7 is because, despite all the games et cetera, it does get somewhat repetitive after a while!

Ok, the graphics are a bit outdated, but are pretty decent for the Game boy color. The colors are clear, animations reasonably smooth and the little ''cut scenes'' really shine. Besides, you can actually tell that it's a ferret,and not just a bunch of random squares.

Sound: 8.5/10

The music is really cute Japanese sort of stuff. However it can be a bit repetitive after a while, but it is strangely addictive, even for Game boy music. There isn't really much in the way of sound effects, but the music makes up for it, being very cute and all.

Play time/Re-play ability: 6/10

Sure, it's great fun at first, but then it gets a bit repetitive and the games start to lack fun. However, most of the fun is in trying to figure out what all the words mean! Even though I played it for an hour or so non-stop when I first got it, I found it hard to put down. It is strangely addictive! As for replay, it's a good game if
you've got some time to kill, or just in the mood for watching a little pixilated ferret romping around.

Final Verdict: 7/10

A great game, but I don't know if you can get it anywhere outside of Japan. I don't endorse ROMs either. if you can get it, then get it. If not, then we'll just have to see if Culture Brain will release it in English, which seems un likely.

Buy or Rent:

Chances are, you won't be able to get it sadly, but if you can, then buy it!!!

I hope this was helpful. By the way, it's only my first review, so thanks for reading it!

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 04/11/03, Updated 04/11/03