Review by GrimWolf

"Great system, great games."

So far, there has been three different types of Game Boy. Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket, and Game Boy Color. The next Game Boy, due out in 2001(If I'm correct) will continue the tradition of improving the old system. First was the basic Game Boy. Game Boy Pocket then came along and was a smaller version of the Game Boy, designed to fit in your (Duh) pocket. Next came Game Boy Color, which colorized Game Boy Pocket. Game Boy Advance will provide internet capabilities and use as a cell phone. For more information, you can always visit the official nintendo website (www.nintendo.com) Anyway, without further wait, here is the system review.

Nintendo has really succeeded with this little device. After all these years of portable gaming, you'd think Nintendo would have retired it, but nope, they just keep making it better. Once game boy advance hits shelves, it will most likely sell several million copies, even with a 90 dollar price tag. But believe me, from the screens of it I have seen so far, it will be worth 90 dollars.

The Game Boy Color, as I mentioned before, is a colorized version of Game Boy Pocket. It displays many colors, and is great for games like Metal Gear Solid and Crystalis, which can only be played on the Game Boy Color, and not on the other two game boys. Unfortunately, the downside to Game Boy Color and the reason I gave it a 9 is that Game Boy Color Only games don't work with the Super Game Boy, a SNES accessory that allowed you to play Game Boy games on the SNES. Even though the Super Game Boy displays more colors then the Game Boy Color, GBC games are still only playable on the GBC. So far, this doesn't seem to have reduced sales, but that's probably because it doesn't seem many people have Super Game Boy.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/24/00, Updated 08/24/00