Review by CChan

"A fun, original Sonic classic!"

Sonic the Hedgehog is the original classic for Genesis and the game is really fun!

Graphics – 9
Since this is a classic game, the graphics can be considered not too bad. The colours are alright and the background are neat and nice.

Musics – 9
The musics provide an entertainment for every gamer no matter what game they are playing. The musics are not too bad too.

Gameplay – 9
There are lots of enemies to defeat and you can explore this 2D world. From the loop-the-loop to the spike traps, there are many items you can get. Sonic will explore the underwater region and the greenland world and etc. I hate the underwater part the most. The ‘emergency' music sounds eerie. As I say, you can explore freely but be quick, there is a 10 minute time limit and on that time, the Time Over words will appear on your screen.

Replayability – 7
Well, nothing much to do once you finish it. You'll only play it after leaving it at one side for a month or two.

Overall – 9
Whatever what other people say, I still like this fun and classic Sonic game. I found out that this game is a bit harder than other Sonic series!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/23/00, Updated 01/23/00

Would you recommend this Review? Yes No
Commenting is anonymous and not required to vote.