Review by Metalguru

"Finish Him!"

Ahh, Mortal Kombat 2, I got this when I was 6 years old, this is the best fighting game ever created, and to this day few games have yet to reach it's level of greatness. This sequel also introduced new finishing moves such as friendship and babality. But don't forget the insane fatalities. Lastly, this one featured more characters (Reptile is my favorite) at your disposal. Oh memories.

Game Play: 10/10
Terrific! With all the characters you can use and more hardcore fatalities like punching someone's torso off or eating their head and the pit fatalities make this game more fun to play.

The story has a lot to do with Outworld trying to take over the Earth realm. Each character has their own story but it is all the same thing. They all come from a clan or army and are trying to rescue, kill, or overthrow somebody. Luckily, you won't even care, because you are trying to give someone a real butt-kicking.

These graphics have taken a major step-up from the first Mortal Kombat. Everything moves more smoothly and there is no brief stall when you sometimes hit a guy. Plus, the stages are more detailed and fun to look at.

I just love the music to death. They have some kind of eerie beat that is actualy very good. There are just some tiny flaws though,like, sometimes if you hit the woman fighter they'll make a man's voice and Liu Kang's voice can be pretty annoying.

Play Time and Replay Ability: 10/10
This game takes a while to get to the bosses, because fighters like Mileena are just ravenous, but, getting there is have the fun! As for Replay Ability, you'll want to play this game all the time because it has you wanting to play all the characters, and all them are just cool.

Control: 10/10
Incredible! Much like the graphics, the controls took a step-up from the original Mortal Kombat. The controls don't sluggishly respond to the moves that you are trying to do, instead they immediately respond to everything. The only thing that would have been more convinient is that if you were able to pause during battles like later games in the series.

Overall, it is with no question at all that Mortal Kombat 2 is the greatest fighting game ever in existance. You will probably be playing this with friends or against the computer forever. It is is really fun to play and, surprisingly enough, fun to watch. All I can say is, never underestimate the power of the fatality.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/22/02, Updated 12/22/02