Review by Tman106

"Sonic and tails return to bash Eggman into a pulp again"

Ahh nothing like memories. If you loved this game in the past then don't bother reading this review, GO BUY IT! Anyway, now that I have that all caps thing out of my system let's get on with the review.

Gameplay 9/10

Sonic's gameplay is classic... considering since this is a classic game. To survive getting hit you have to collect rings. If you get hit while you have rings you lose them all and they all splatter everywhere, giving you a chance to collect them again. If you get hit with no rings it is game over. Jump on an enemy or use Sonic's little spinball move (how does he contort himself like that?) to make them meet their demise. Tails joins you in this game and sometimes he will mop up some enemies you don't, but don't count on it. Now I am trying to base this review on games of it's time, but if you like the sense of speed in modern Sonic games you won't really find it. Yes, it is a big step up from Sonic 1 but most of the running in the game is moderate speed. Occasionally however you will find an area where you will run at about mach 2. That however is comparing it with modern games, with games of the time it is the platforming and speed perfection.

Sound 10/10

Wonderful Sound of the past. Nothing bad here, all perfect.

Graphics 10/10

Pretty much the best 16 bit can get. Not too blocky either

Story 6/10

Eggman has a new plan to take over the world, blah blah blah, get the chaos emeralds to stop him, blah blah blah etc. etc. no RPG story line here.

Replyability 7/10

There is a multiplayer mode but I have not had a chance to try it, although I hear it is good. You also may spend a lot of time trying to collect all ff the chaos emeralds.

Overall 9/10

I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Don't miss out on this gem for the second time. GET IT! (sorry more all caps stuck in system)

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/12/07